Living the dream, paying for that dream

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

For a spouse you only need to wait 3 years to apply for US citizenship. The spousal benefits are still 5 years.

I was looking at the 'big picture' and rounding up to include moving time, paperwork running around, and processing time etc. There is the 'technical minimal' time but for practical planning purposes I came up with two choices for if/when we apply for a Spousal Visa. A 5 year 'citizenship plan' or a 10 year 'also self-qualify for full SocSec benefits plan'. Makes her choices simple to understand and avoids 'oops we need to stay longer' scenario.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well I`m living the way I want to if that is somebody else`s dream then so be it.

• Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was looking at the 'big picture' and rounding up to include moving time, paperwork running around, and processing time etc. There is the 'technical minimal' time but for practical planning purposes I came up with two choices for if/when we apply for a Spousal Visa. A 5 year 'citizenship plan' or a 10 year 'also self-qualify for full SocSec benefits plan'. Makes her choices simple to understand and avoids 'oops we need to stay longer' scenario.

That makes sense. Just correcting the record for others who may think they have to wait 5 years.

• Like 3