The End of an Era

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jake said:

I just discovered how you guys keep your beer warm during a London winter blizzard:

warm beer.jpg Gotta love them Brits!

That's the beer that reaches parts others can't.

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I would love to visit Beijing.

The Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Terra Cotta Warriors. 

I had a chance when I was single. Instead,  I visited other parts of China. 

Have done that Gratefuled and it is a tremendous experience. GW and TCW's are amazing.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

After living and working in Beijing for sixteen years I'm finally moving on.

At 07:50 tomorrow I fly down to Hong Kong and then, after a couple of days, on to the UK.

A month in the UK catching up with family, looking after admin chores such as renewing my passport and driving license, and enjoying some real ale.

Then I'm footloose and fancy free....

not so old china hand + 16 years - China... so you will be 'Old Hand' now??? :whistling::hystery:

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2017 at 9:04 AM, not so old china hand said:

A question indeed. One that should be answered during my month in the UK. At the moment I have a number of options for what I will do longer term: nearly all of them involve Asia. Short term I intend to enjoy my unlimited leisure and travel slowly.

Hopefully you're not flying on British Airways, otherwise you could wind up spending a significant amount of your month there in the airport cuddled up to your carry on. Then the rest of the time trying to track down your checked bags, lol. 

• Like 2

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Hopefully you're not flying on British Airways, otherwise you could wind up spending a significant amount of your month there in the airport cuddled up to your carry on. Then the rest of the time trying to track down your checked bags, lol. 

I can't remember when I last flew BA. Perhaps 1990.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2017 at 7:04 PM, Jake said:

I just discovered how you guys keep your beer warm during a London winter blizzard:

warm beer.jpg Gotta love them Brits!

Not being an expert on beer (sealed) that looks Dutch. But it should be cellar temperature there. 

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Finally arrived with no great hassles. Am staying with my sister and brother in law in their new house. First question "Where's the nearest pub?" I learn that there are none within walking distance 🙁

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

Finally arrived with no great hassles. Am staying with my sister and brother in law in their new house. First question "Where's the nearest pub?" I learn that there are none within walking distance 🙁

Hey Terry, do you mean within "stumbling distance".....he, he. 

• Like 1