Budget of p72,000 pm. Enough?

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

Hi all. Im retiring from the Army next year. Would a budget of php73,000 pm be enough to live a reasonable lifestyle in or near Cebu. Im going as a single man and would like to rent a one bed condo/apt approx 30m2. With aircon. I drink a little. I would lile to get out for a beer maybe twice or three times a week. I don't mind eating simply. Getting a nice meal maybe twice a week. Then simple leachon manok or fish & rice type meals. 

Usual extras. Phone load and wifi. Maybe tv package. 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome and Yes, 73,000 P is enough to live comfortable just about anywhere in the Philippines. You picked the right place if that is your only income. You could not live as comfortable in your country on that amount depending on your lifestyle but wait and see and compare. You might miss the benefits of being retired military but you'll survive, maybe.

Jump in, the waters fine. 

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 5

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

I have been to Cebu before. In 2014. I lived on about the same with the addition of my accommodation was fully paid for 3 months. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

Would a budget of php73,000

Hi Top, welcome. Retired from Army myself in 2012, 11bang all the way.

This type of question is always subjective. Good news is your Tri care medical insurance is good here (tri care standard) their web site is pretty thorough.

With our a lot of specifics about your likes and dislikes, interests, hobbies, romantic plans, travel plans, in other words a complete IPB lolol, I would say your pension should be fine. Not extravagant, but fine. You might not be able to live like a King, but minor royalty :hystery:.

Keep in mind there are a lot of hidden costs that come with retiring here. Not major costs, but costs non the less. Visa renewals, water bill, electric bill just those nagging little things that add up.

Any way welcome again, ask all the questions you like, just try to keep one question to topic please otherwise we get easily distracted :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum also, yes from my experiences there, that is ample.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, topcat72m said:

Hi all. Im retiring from the Army next year.

Welcome.jpg :thumbsup:

robert k
Posted
Posted

You ought to do fine.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I'm retired living in Angeles on a 80,000p month budget. As long as you avoid paying bar fines your budget is more than enough. As far as drinking "Happy Hour" is your friend.

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

As a comparison, I know several guys, with wife/gf, living on half of that. Certainly not extravagantly, but comfortable enough to be happy. Have to watch their budget but not worried about it.

• Like 3