Budget of p72,000 pm. Enough?

bows00
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, topcat72m said:

I don't understand the "Mr Bows" reference. 

Im not going to be a butterfly. I just think things can get quite dull very quickly if there was no companionship. 

From previous experience both there and here they can have far higher expectations than I do. But such is life. 

Was he referencing me???  Lol...  No, can't be, I'm not a butterfly, yet (wink, wink).  But based on your budget, you should be ok, but it may be borderline if you decide to live in the heart of Makati - man, things can get quite expensive there.  

And I also agree with the other post that mentioned you have to minimize your bar fining at the bars.  At $3000P a crack, it can add up fast - you might find yourself eating a lot of balut towards the end of the month.  

With a pension coming in every month and $40K US in the bank to back you up, how bad could it get - right?  

Keep us posted on how your adjusting because I am right behind you man, I will be retiring at the end of the year (to become a butterfly-ha!).

• Like 2

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

No. I doubt ill be in Makati. Im from Dublin City but have lived in small towns all my adult life. Even Cebu may be too much city for me (although it wasn't last time). I liked Dumaguette also but i think it could be boring after a while. I like Moalboal and Bohol for short breaks from the city but i wouldn't live in either. 

I could see myself about 20 km outside of Cebu. Maybe even Mactan. Who knows. 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bows00 said:

At $3000P a crack, it can add up fast

What kind of currency is this? Never heard of a Dollar-Peso before. Maybe the is the currency Corporal-Captain Klinger used at the bar in the Officer's Club on MASH??? :hystery:

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

What kind of currency is this? Never heard of a Dollar-Peso before. Maybe the is the currency Corporal-Captain Klinger used at the bar in the Officer's Club on MASH??? :hystery:

She would want to be a right nymphomaniac for $3000 but we all know he meant pesos.  I think even that is over the top, but having retired from that scene several years ago, I may be wrong.  It is still 1000 bht in Pattaya and no, I am not talking from personal experience!!!

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bows00 said:

Was he referencing me???  Lol...  No, can't be, I'm not a butterfly, yet (wink, wink).  But based on your budget, you should be ok, but it may be borderline if you decide to live in the heart of Makati - man, things can get quite expensive there.  

And I also agree with the other post that mentioned you have to minimize your bar fining at the bars.  At $3000P a crack, it can add up fast - you might find yourself eating a lot of balut towards the end of the month.  

With a pension coming in every month and $40K US in the bank to back you up, how bad could it get - right?  

Keep us posted on how your adjusting because I am right behind you man, I will be retiring at the end of the year (to become a butterfly-ha!).

Watch there are Geckos in the bars that eat butterflies.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Sometimes, when I think of how inflated the U$D has become, I sometimes refer to it as the American peso.:Caught:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

She would want to be a right nymphomaniac for $3000 but we all know he meant pesos.  I think even that is over the top, but having retired from that scene several years ago, I may be wrong.  It is still 1000 bht in Pattaya and no, I am not talking from personal experience!!!

Yup, if it was just $3000 I would have just giggled a bit and not bothered typing. It was the $ for dollars in front AND P for pesos at the end I thought was funny...

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted (edited)

:nudie:

7 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Of course it was he was from Toledo afterall.

Edited by Gerald Glatt
add icon
  • Like 1