Trip to the dentist

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure where you are going with this but I'm thinking 500 pesos is cheap, even for a crown of thorns.  How in the heck do you get a dental crown for 500 pesos unless they just gave you a huge lump of filling material?  I've had that done but thats the kind that falls out in time.

Crown or cap I`m not sure.She took a mold of my lower and upper teeth and I have a new outer as the rest of the tooth was smashed.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

How are things in Jerusalem Kev????

I have absolutely no complaints Ron.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have absolutely no complaints Ron.

:hystery: :thumbsup: :popcorn:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Dave, read Kev's post, it was having a joke!

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I went to the dentist last month, he said your teeth are just fine, but your gums will have to come out :huh-huh:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 6/1/2017 at 4:08 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Without knowing your plan or your dentist I'm gonna take an educated guess that your portion is at least double what my entire bill is.  But I am surely open to being told different.

My plan covers 100% of everything, even the 12 porcelain veneers that I have. I have 2 fixed bridges, have had 4 root canals on the bridge work, 4 or more crowns, many regular x-rays, many polishing (here, I think they just clean, not polish) and cleanings every 3 or 4 months, fluoride treatments, and oral cancer check ups. My wife gets the same 100% coverage for a removable bridge, and everything else. We even get a toothbrush and floss every visit. I haven't paid anything ever to a dentist in Canada for 36 years for me and now 5 years for my wife when she comes on a tourist visa.

I retired from a good unionized company with excellent dental, vision, medical benefits and pension. We get a complete vision inspection every year and glasses up to $700 every 2 years free. They do one test where they put drops in your eye to expand the pupil so they can look inside the eyeball on a pc screen. We get all our medications free, even up to 8 month vacation supply. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, jpbago said:

My plan covers 100% of everything

NOW I'm jealous :bash:

All my years in a union outfit and we could never get 100%.  We got 80%% max and that was not enough with the prices dentists were charging so I had to wait to retire and come here to get the work done.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, jpbago said:

My plan covers 100% of everything,

Scratching Head.jpg Expensive?

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

NOW I'm jealous :bash:

All my years in a union outfit and we could never get 100%.  We got 80%% max and that was not enough with the prices dentists were charging so I had to wait to retire and come here to get the work done.

I was lucky in finding my lifetime job because, at the time, all I wanted was big bucks to spend it on new cars, m/cs, snow machines, and girls but, in the end, it turned out to be real good. So the moral of the story is to tell your kids to look for a company with pension and benefits.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg Expensive?

Free. I paid into it while working but nothing now that I am retired.