Jump to content
AlwaysRt

Best way Duma to Singapore and back?

Recommended Posts

AlwaysRt    2,802

Who can tell me where to go.... no wait, that's not right :hystery:

Looking for the the cheapest - yet still somewhat comfortable - way to get from Duma to Singapore and back. Taking the wife for a week or so in January so we will both have a suitcase I am sure. Flying from Duma adds up fast, standing on the bus with 2 suitcases to Cebu ain't gonna cut it either. Round trip from Duma on Cebu Pacific, PAL, and Expedia were all $900-$1000 for 2 tickets, Cebu Pacific direct from Cebu shows $424 for 2 tickets.

What airlines/sites should I watch for deals, is there a 'easy and cheap way' Duma to Cebu with luggage, should I be thinking Manila or Clark instead, what price is a good price to Singapore...? I will continue searching but not as reliable as experience from you guys that have made the trip.

thanks, Steve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sonjack2847    6,627
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Who can tell me where to go.... no wait, that's not right :hystery:

Looking for the the cheapest - yet still somewhat comfortable - way to get from Duma to Singapore and back. Taking the wife for a week or so in January so we will both have a suitcase I am sure. Flying from Duma adds up fast, standing on the bus with 2 suitcases to Cebu ain't gonna cut it either. Round trip from Duma on Cebu Pacific, PAL, and Expedia were all $900-$1000 for 2 tickets, Cebu Pacific direct from Cebu shows $424 for 2 tickets.

What airlines/sites should I watch for deals, is there a 'easy and cheap way' Duma to Cebu with luggage, should I be thinking Manila or Clark instead, what price is a good price to Singapore...? I will continue searching but not as reliable as experience from you guys that have made the trip.

thanks, Steve 

I have not made that trip but why don`t you go to Duma airport and they will give you the best deal there.My friend used to do that each time he booked.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave Hounddriver    19,121
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Cebu Pacific direct from Cebu

I read somewhere that "direct" does not mean "non-stop".  It was the same place I read that Cebu Pacific flies "direct" from Cebu to Singapore with a stop in Davao.  "Direct" means no need to get off the plane.  Such was what I read.  But I've been wrong before so I'm just giving you something to think about.

If my info is correct I would think about flying Philippine Airlines DGT to MNL to SIN and back .  Its a long way until January so you could wait until they put on a special but when I searched their site it says only US$778 for 2 and that saves messing about getting to Cebu (unless you need to go there for an ECC anyway).  I like that Philippine airlines transports passengers between terminals as required so no messing about there either.  So that would be my choice.  I did not do Singapore this way but its how I did my Bali trip and it worked a treat.  Best deals I have ever seen on Philippine Airlines is Half the regular economy fare so if you see that, grab it.

Singapore Flight.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt    2,802
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have not made that trip but why don`t you go to Duma airport and they will give you the best deal there.My friend used to do that each time he booked.

So you are implying pricing at the airport is cheaper than their website?

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I read somewhere that "direct" does not mean "non-stop".  It was the same place I read that Cebu Pacific flies "direct" from Cebu to Singapore with a stop in Davao.  "Direct" means no need to get off the plane.  Such was what I read.  But I've been wrong before so I'm just giving you something to think about.

If my info is correct I would think about flying Philippine Airlines DGT to MNL to SIN and back .  Its a long way until January so you could wait until they put on a special but when I searched their site it says only US$778 for 2 and that saves messing about getting to Cebu (unless you need to go there for an ECC anyway).  I like that Philippine airlines transports passengers between terminals as required so no messing about there either.  So that would be my choice.  I did not do Singapore this way but its how I did my Bali trip and it worked a treat.  Best deals I have ever seen on Philippine Airlines is Half the regular economy fare so if you see that, grab it.

This is what I am getting for 4 - 15 Jan. Need to be in Singapore the morning of the 5th but the return date is flexible. Maybe I am catching the end of 'holiday travel'. I just didn't know what price to expect to find to Singapore nor how much 'the easy way' from Duma to Cebu is or how much.

Cebu Pacific from Cebu $475 (direct, 3hr 45min flight), from Manila $512 (direct 3.5 hour flight), from Duma $603 (via Cebu)

PAL from Cebu $600 (via Manila going, direct return), from Manila $715, from Duma $927 (via Manila)

PAL and Cebu Pacific both do the free bus transfer between terminals, used CP transfer last month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave Hounddriver    19,121
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Maybe I am catching the end of 'holiday travel'.

I think so.  I never seem to find deals between Dec 14 and Jan 7 or so but you may get lucky.  Postpone 1 week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt    2,802
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think so.  I never seem to find deals between Dec 14 and Jan 7 or so but you may get lucky.  Postpone 1 week?

Checked the schedule. next opportunity is being in Singapore on 8 Feb so would end up spending Chinese New Year there. Sounds exciting but haven't priced lodging yet and same airfare pricing. Seems I cornered myself in LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sonjack2847    6,627
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

So you are implying pricing ayou get less choice IE meal and beggage alllowancet the airport is cheaper than their website?

This is what I am getting for 4 - 15 Jan. Need to be in Singapore the morning of the 5th but the return date is flexible. Maybe I am catching the end of 'holiday travel'. I just didn't know what price to expect to find to Singapore nor how much 'the easy way' from Duma to Cebu is or how much.

Cebu Pacific from Cebu $475 (direct, 3hr 45min flight), from Manila $512 (direct 3.5 hour flight), from Duma $603 (via Cebu)

PAL from Cebu $600 (via Manila going, direct return), from Manila $715, from Duma $927 (via Manila)

PAL and Cebu Pacific both do the free bus transfer between terminals, used CP transfer last month.

It means that you can book what you want.If you do it online with Cebu pacific you cannot cancel the meal and baggage allowance very easily .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidK    646

Well as I live in Cebu that's the easy route obviously :smile:. I am either travelling or arranging travel to/from Singapore on a regular basis. You can look at Cebu Pathetic (as mentioned, by the way not choosing the meal or changing the baggage allowance ain't difficult), or any one of Tiger, Air Asia or Silk Air as an alternative to PAL. All have their advantages and disadvantages which can be checked by whiling away some time on the computer.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt    2,802
41 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Well as I live in Cebu that's the easy route obviously :smile:. I am either travelling or arranging travel to/from Singapore on a regular basis. You can look at Cebu Pathetic (as mentioned, by the way not choosing the meal or changing the baggage allowance ain't difficult), or any one of Tiger, Air Asia or Silk Air as an alternative to PAL. All have their advantages and disadvantages which can be checked by whiling away some time on the computer.

 

What would you consider a 'good' round trip ticket price? Not necessarily the best ever, but if you were flying, low enough you would go ahead and get it vs waiting for prices to lower more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidK    646
23 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

What would you consider a 'good' round trip ticket price? Not necessarily the best ever, but if you were flying, low enough you would go ahead and get it vs waiting for prices to lower more.

Sub SGD300 including baggage would be a good round-trip price, sometimes it's possible to be just over SGD200 if you can be really flexible on your departure/return dates. I try to book between 8 and 6 weeks beforehand but sometimes earlier if the dates are set and I don't expect the website prices to improve. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×