Martial Law and its effects.

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

I live in southern Mindanao and to date my response to it is the same as Dave H's. We built and own but selling is not an option we have discussed, it would more likely to be passed on to the SO's heir early, or possibly rented out depending on outcome and if plan B was instigated. 

As I have stated on another thread, the only difference so far is having to carry my passport as well as ACR with me at all times. There is no current curfew in my area.

Interesting, is this one of the restrictions on foreigners that we must carry passport during martial law or just ID like a local licence. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

As I have stated on another thread, the only difference so far is having to carry my passport as well as ACR with me at all times. There is no current curfew in my area.

ACR card is all you need. No need to carry your passport around. I carry my California drivers license with me also. A passport is to be protected and kept in a safe place. You should also have photo copy of passport, just in case. 

I have not read or heard of any restrictions of any kind here in Davao City. Just checkpoints for vehicles and driver's license. 

In Marawi where the violence is ongoing, people without proper ID are arrested and held in custody. This is according to the news report in the local newspapers and television.

Edited by Gratefuled

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

ACR card is all you need. No need to carry your passport around. I carry my California drivers license with me also. A passport is to be protected and kept in a safe place. You should also have photo copy of passport, just in case. 

I have not read or heard of any restrictions of any kind here in Davao City. Just checkpoints for vehicles and driver's license. 

In Marawi where the violence is ongoing, people without proper ID are arrested and held in custody. This is according to the news report in the local newspapers and television.

All I carry is my phills driving licence(photo type) and was told that as it is issued by the government it is ok. If martial law comes here I will probably carry my ACR as well.Never do I carry a PP unless it is absolutely necessary.

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I only usually carry my ACR, now the passport is required also. Each province maybe interprets the orders independently!

I have a full understanding of where to keep and look after my passport and photocopies etc having lived in numerous countries during my life. Philippines being the 6th, not including the UK!

Edited by virginprune

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

All I carry is my phills driving licence(photo type) and was told that as it is issued by the government it is ok. If martial law comes here I will probably carry my ACR as well.Never do I carry a PP unless it is absolutely necessary.

I kind of split the difference on the passport. I had the photo page and the info page each reduce copied to drivers license size, put them back to back and laminated. I carry my 'passport ID card' with me. I have been asked once if it was an official document to which I answered 'Oh, the US Government started issuing this size for ID in addition to the regular full passport a few years ago. All the information is exactly the same'. A true statement, not exactly answering the question but said without hesitation in a matter of fact tone, the guy remained a bit confused but satisfied. I use it for ID purposes only (cop, ID check, rental agreement...). If ever held for 'ransom' (bribe) or to prevent me from leaving, pfffft, I don't care as it cost $2. I will NEVER try to use it for border crossings or and other official Immigration transaction, only the real deal in those instances. 

• Like 1