Phone,Computer Batteries

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just read some posting on Don's topic, Jake mentioned batteries.  

Are phone batteries and computer batteries a problem there?  Here in Thailand you buy cheap and nasty Chinese 'copies' for Samsung S4 for about 600bht (850p), but you are lucky if they last 6 months, I am about to buy a 3rd one in 18 months.  My aging acer is sitting on power, gave up buying batteries for 1800bht a time and they don't last long either.

Should I stock up on the Thai crap???

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Should I stock up on the Thai crap???

There is the same crap cell phone batteries all over the place here but, as you said, they are cheap and don't last long.  The problems begin if you do not have a popular model of phone or if you want a long lasting battery.

• 1 year later...
Capa
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2017 at 8:44 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is the same crap cell phone batteries all over the place here but, as you said, they are cheap and don't last long.  The problems begin if you do not have a popular model of phone or if you want a long lasting battery.

I'm about to buy a backup battery for my not-so-popular LG phone. It is a little over a year old and has seen daily use. I looked all over for a genuine LG battery, but no-go. Theres a shop called Cellboy in the malls that had a Chinese-brand name replacement. Are you saying that all the Chinese off-brand batteries are crap? I will purchase anyway because I don't have much choice and report back here with results, as any info I can give to help others is good info!