London terror attack

stevewool
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

I live on the edge of London, about 15 miles from last nights attack.  This morning like every Sunday morning I took my dog down to my local park where a group of us 'oldies' walk our dogs and have a gossip. This morning one of the group was in a very sombre mood, he and his family have been up all night getting hour by hour updates on his nephew.  His nephew was in the immediate area last night where the cowardly terrorists carried out their latest slaughter on innocent victims, he was stabbed with a carving knife and has been having blood transfusions throughout the night, he is alive but in a critical condition. This cannot be allowed to continue.

So sorry to read of this , No it cannot be allowed to continue so our voices has to be heard above theirs

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I agree. Something must be done, the sooner the better. 

"THEY" are having a field day at the expense of innocent people. 

I'm more of an "eye for and eye" type of person. They kill one of ours, we take out 10 of theirs. They bomb a building here, we bomb a mosque there.

Where is there and who is they?  Places like Iran and those who sponsor acts of terror. Our respective governments know who the bad actors are and where they live, but are too PC and too worried about getting reelected to take any definitive action. 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

...This morning like every Sunday morning I took my dog down to my local park where a group of us 'oldies' walk our dogs and have a gossip...

In the midst of all this, and I wish your friend's nephew and the others hurt a speedy recovery, did I detect a little good news for you personally? Walking your dog implies your own recovery is doing well?

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's widely accepted that these groups are largely Saudi sponsored. Who in there right minds would supply Suadi Arabia with large stocks of weaponry:89:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

It's widely accepted that these groups are largely Saudi sponsored. Who in there right minds would supply Suadi Arabia with large stocks of weaponry:89:

So, you think terrorists are using ships, tanks and fighter jets? If the US doesn't sell the Saudis such arms, I'm sure nobody else will? If the US sells them sophisticated arms, there is a choke point of spares to keep them working. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

Fact check? 

Widely accepted?

No disrespect intended.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

In the midst of all this, and I wish your friend's nephew and the others hurt a speedy recovery, did I detect a little good news for you personally? Walking your dog implies your own recovery is doing well?

Hi Steve,  Firstly thank you for your kind words, I am sure we are all offering a prayer to all those affected by these despicable cowards.

In answer to your question, Yes I am doing very well now, the 2nd knee replacement is repairing nicely, still swollen and not quite able to straighten it completely yet but getting there.  All being well I will be on a one way ticket to Duma in September.  Cannot wait to be out of this place, I only hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, Lol. 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I am left wondering if responsible people with no criminal background, upright citizens should be allowed to carry a weapon.

I agree john. Criminals already have access to firearms obtained illegally.  Kids in street gangs have guns. 

I have friends and relatives who are in law enforcement and it doesn't surprise them to arrest someone and fid a concealed weapon in their possession. 

One time after my next door neighbour's home was broken in to, his gun collection was stolen. The local police believed it to be juveniles. They stopped young gang members randomly that weekend and confiscated over 60 guns. None of which were my neighbours. It just goes to show how easy it is to own a gun illegally. 

So, yes, responsible people should be allowed to carry a gu in public. Some states do allow it. Florida and Texas are 2 that I know of that allow responsible people to carry a gun. I own guns but I never carried one in public. I have them at home to defend my home. 

I wonder if the law will change and allow responsible people to carry a loaded weapon?

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've got a few friends still doing security work overseas in the likes of Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of them were responsible for gathering intelligence and passing it back up the chain of command and monitoring known insurgents. When Angela Merkel opened her borders to the Syrian (so called) refugees their world imploded overnight.

Most of them operated in small teams with a driver, translator, chef etc. They lived among some of the large military establishments and secure compounds. They were telling me they watched Merkel on Sky TV saying about her open border policy and they were fuming. Talking among themselves about the possible consequences. Sure enough next morning as they were about to go on a routine patrol there was no chef, translator or driver. They radioed HQ for an update and it turned out a lot of the team members had literally packed their families up overnight and headed for Germany. These guys are no threat but by the time they got a full team together and went to monitor their insurgents they were no where to be seen either they'd also packed up and headed West.

Thanks to Merkel and her ilk we now have terror cells spread throughout Europe. It's going to go pear shaped soon. We're lucky here in the Philippines as Duterte doesn't take prisoners, but our politicians even if they find the terror cells are powerless to do anything but monitor them until they carry out an attack thanks to their human rights laws. I think it's going to cause so great a conflict among the local communities that soon there will be civil disturbances in the larger cities.

Germany will live to regret having Merkel as Chancellor.  She is a disgrace and will single handedly bring misery to Germany.  If you ask nurses/doctors in the health system, police, indeed people at the coal face, they will tell you what is happening to the country.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Some governments have gotten their countries in too deep and they don't even know who is in their country.  These types of attacks by radicals will continue until the citizens start putting them down.  Unfortunately the citizens of U.K. are not armed.  A few armed citizens could have minimized the impact of a attack like this.

I know several friends and family in the U.S. who have gotten permits to carry a firearm.  Those permits will increase with attacks like these on the rise.

I agree that countries have allowed too many immigrants or so called refugees in but now it is too late to do anything about it. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. These future terrorists are scattered around the world and it takes only a few to kill many innocents.

About being able to carry a gun, in Orlando, guns were not allowed into the bar. In the various mass shootings in the USA, I do not recall an incident where a terrorist was immobilized by a bystander. In Ottawa, one was shot by a security guard.