Not Gremlins and in the end not so Funny!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Tuesday last week it Started, my Ladies were watching TV I was Reading, about 8.30pm:crashh: went the Electric, Struggles to get all the  rechargeable lights out (Hoping all are charged) So Azon Rings the Emergency number at Noreco ( lecky company) Only to be told NO! you are not on a Brown out. So My puppy was on the Terrace excited, the lady opposite was coming back up the Road swearing (Kin Kids did it) Did what Azon asked.

I saw them on your Fence and they turned your Power off at the Breaker, then Turned ours off. So off we go and turn it back on, I went down the Road with one of the Dogs and just about all (neighbours on the Roadside) were out on the Roadside shouting at about 4 youths that had been flicking Electric Switches. OK Panic Over, but the Local Tanod gave chase ( he never caught up with them)

But on Saturday evening about 4.30pm off goes the Water, I guess you can imagine what is going on in my Mind? Off I trot down to the Meter Pole. YEP! Turned off at the Meter, Telling Myself No way can anyone but the Reader & us know which is My meter. So talking to the neighbours it turns out that the builders working in the back of one of the Houses where my water pipe is buried has struck a pipe and Water is gushing, So they turn off all the meters until they Find the one that supplies the broken pipe. All well and Good BUT when they turned the offending Meter Back on They did not turn mine on So we were without Water all Saturday Evening & all day Sunday ( Bad as I have 4 females in the House)  until we got our nephew who laid our Pipe to come up and see if all was OK. It is and no leaks so we are happy BUT I have just had words with the Builder and told him, turn it off ok to check but make sure you turn it back on after you find your problem, Usual Shoulder shrug of course. I don't get many problems up here in the Barangay but when I do it I sometimes take it Personal But on this occasion with the Electric it was just malice/mischievous actions not a Gremlin. The Water just negligence/Stupidity 

I have overcome the  Water Authority and Electric Company doing their thing but this had me rattled.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Could you give the kids that flick the power the address of the contractor, a shovel and pipe cutters 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sorry to read of your plight.

Makes me think twice about the offer I was going to make to you.  Since you were the only one with experience to reply to my "House swapping" thread I was going to offer you a chance to swap houses with me, you could live in Sibulan for a month and I would live at your house in Dumaguete. :whistling:

But now I know you live in such a high crime area I'm afraid I'll have to take that offer off the table :hystery:

As they say:

dont-sweat-the-small-stuff.jpg

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But now I know you live in such a high crime area I'm afraid I'll have to take that offer off the table :hystery:

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg what can I say to that :whistling: Scaredy cat :hystery:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I'd have turned the water back on Jack and waited about a minute for it to stabilize so I could see if I had the leak. I've been around a lot of broken lines and a little water isn't going to change a lot in that situation even if it is your break. Might even make it easier to dig out if it's your break.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, robert k said:

I'd have turned the water back on Jack and waited about a minute for it to stabilize so I could see if I had the leak. I've been around a lot of broken lines and a little water isn't going to change a lot in that situation even if it is your break. Might even make it easier to dig out if it's your break.

I would have but as I said before to someone else, You are not married Mrs Jack thumbs up from a lady.jpg

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would have but as I said before to someone else, You are not married Mrs Jack thumbs up from a lady.jpg

I would think that you would be a hero when Mrs. Jack wants a shower?:smile:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have just had words with the Builder and told him, turn it off ok to check but make sure you turn it back on after you find your problem,

So it is easier to just walk around turning water off than it is to look first to see if the meter is moving? Not moving = not leaking = leave it alone

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

So it is easier to just walk around turning water off than it is to look first to see if the meter is moving? Not moving = not leaking = leave it alone

Steve, Scratching Head.jpg are you forgetting where we are?:whistling:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have overcome the  Water Authority and Electric Company doing their thing but this had me rattled

Has this ever happened in any of the other places that you have lived in the past 68 years?

Kids shut our meter off once before. I can lock it closed but not open.