Life before the expat

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Where have you Not been? Scratching Head.jpg

Venice , Barcelona, New York, Niagara falls, Edinburgh, Nice, all these places just roll from Emma  but Mablethorpe or skeggie she seems to struggle to say these, I even tried to mention Chapel Saint Lenards , sounds nice but google map put a stop to that place too.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Steve, like you I've worked same company over thirty years planning retirement soon.

It's our plan to remain in the States. 

You have choices Steve, you and Em can do an extended visit see how things go then decide. Or spend coldest months in Philippines summers in 🇬🇧 

A little venture was mentioned like this, before moving to the Phils lets rent for say 6 months in Spain or Rural France or 6 months in both places, what we have coming in lets see more of the places that are close to us before going East, plus once over that way, see more places over there,

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

Myself i worked for 19 years for a paper company, before being made redundant.

Travelled to Florida with my son an daughter as i was rich then😁

Then 7 years at a car dealer,made redundant again.

Then 9yrs at a vending company before retiring to the philippines with help

From the banks and their ppi refunds.

Which also helped us build our home.

Thing is before i met my wife on the net i had no idea about the Philippines

I would never have dreamed of going to the Philippines let alone retiring there.

But retire here we did, and i love it here.

At last i thought i was the only bloke who did not really have any idea about the Philippines and where it was too.

But it is the best thing that has happened to me since my chopper bike when i was 13

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

Venice , Barcelona, New York, Niagara falls, Edinburgh, Nice, all these places just roll from Emma  but Mablethorpe or skeggie she seems to struggle to say these, I even tried to mention Chapel Saint Lenards , sounds nice but google map put a stop to that place too.

Maybe one of these will suit;

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/area.cfm?area=35

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I had a fairly active life before coming here. I played racquetball  and golf a lot before an injury slowed me down. I dated off and on and we would attend various events, ball games, concerts, the beach, dinner clubs and dancing. I did go to China twice. Once to Guilin and rode a tourist boat down the Li River to a small town. I ate something during then trip that gave me LBM. It came on during a van ride on the way back to Guilin. We stopped at a museum where the only toilets were holes in the floor. That was an experience but better than doing it in my pants. The Waterfall Hotel in Guilin was awesome. I also went to Shenzhen during Chinese New Years. That was an experience that I shall remember forever. Visited Hong Kong 3 times including last year. Other than that, I visited relatives all over the states from California to Florida, to Texas, To Georgia. I planned to visit Italy and Spain with my cousin before meeting my wife here in the Philippines. I've wanted to visit Thailand. My cousin has a home in Chiang Mai ( spellcheck). He also has a home in Texas. I don't know if I ever will but if I do, my wife and stepson will be with me. Wife wants to ride an elephant. I want to see the Buddhist shrines. 

• Like 4

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

Mablethorpe or skeggie she seems to struggle to say these, I even tried to mention Chapel Saint Lenards , sounds nice but google map put a stop to that place too.

wht about the Norfolk broads............hire a small cruiser for a week, lovely plodding along the broads, plenty of nice places to stop and moor up.........total relax

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

wht about the Norfolk broads............hire a small cruiser for a week, lovely plodding along the broads, plenty of nice places to stop and moor up.........total relax

thumbs-up-homer.png Brilliant, 'Emms" would love that I am Sure

norfolk broads boat.jpg  norfolk broads in line.jpg

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Steve GCC said:

Did two week for my 1st honeymoon. A good week too long watching river banks go bye.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

We are going to the states this year, wife has a cousin in Sacramento, been there twice so said we will only come if we go somewhere different. So we are meeting the cousin in Seattle, doing Vancover and then of the Yellowstone before Niagra Canadian side. A few days in Washington DC followed by a few days in NY before flying back to the UK. Note to self, buy a bigger memory stick for the wifes camera.

Regarding retiring in the PI it was/is the plan althougth may do 6 and 6. Althought it's the wife that's having second thoughts about the PI.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 4

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

two week

I would agree, 5-7 days is plenty to get all the way out past Norwich and back.  Yarmouth tidal bit was fun...................

• Like 3