Death as an Expat

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

sometimes it turned to pneumonia,

What is it with this pneumonia? I talked to a Floridian about 60, the other day who said that he had it twice. Usually in Canada, I hear of people in their 80s that get it.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jpbago said:

I hear of people in their 80s that get it.

In Philippines, expats die of pneumonia in their 60s and 70s quite frequently.  Or sometimes its complications like the heart gives out so they call it a heart attack but the real problem was the weakening of the body due to some bug.  Pneumonia is a huge killer in Philippines.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, DavidK said:

This warm wet climate is ideal for microbes to proliferate and infections of one sort or another are easy to come by.

Yes, this combined with smoking can attract a virus. Clean the filter in A/C as needed just to be safe and better performance. 

I might add that there is a "permanent Pneumonia" shot that is available. I had mine back in the states before coming here. I get a flu shot every year. I've never had anything more than a common cold since I've been here ( 6 years). I do get LBM from time to time. 

Check out the "permanent Pneumonia" shot and see if it covers both viral and bacterial pneumonia.

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 4