Australian Terror Attack

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Woke this morning to news of a Somali refugee shot and killed by Police in Melbourne.  He had already kidnapped a woman and shot the caretaker of the apartment block.  No loss to society.

A know violent offender with strong links to Islam radicals, on parole instead of being deported!

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Woke this morning to news of a Somali refugee shot and killed by Police in Melbourne.  He had already kidnapped a woman and shot the caretaker of the apartment block.  No loss to society.

A know violent offender with strong links to Islam radicals, on parole instead of being deported!

Should have been deported, given cash and released at 30K feet!  

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jake said:

Should have been deported, given cash and released at 30K feet!  

I vote Jake for Australian Immigration Minister!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have two nieces in OZ, (looking forward to a vacation there in November), my Filipino family is all in arms about how unfair the OZ government is! 1 niece just completed her minimum residency time requirement for citizenship, and then the government raised the time limit. How unfair!!!!

They clamed down a bit once I explained that OZ is one of the only "western" government who is actually doing something about unfettered immigration and that their grandchildren will be safer for it. I also pointed out that "She is there, she is legal, she is gainfully employed, she is about to marry an OZ citizen, she is in no danger of being deported, she is the type they want! So she wont be able to vote for another couple of years!"

They calmed down a bit, but in this age of instant gratification, I could tell they were still taking it personally. OZ IMHO has the right idea. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

For the most part, I think OZ handles the refugee crisis and terrorizim (spellcheck) very well. This Somali somehow slipped under the radar.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

For the most part, I think OZ handles the refugee crisis and terrorizim (spellcheck) very well. This Somali somehow slipped under the radar.

I don't stay up to date on other country's policies much. It is good to hear that even though it is not possible to stop them all, some countries still try instead of opening the gates and saying 'come on in, do what you want'.

• Like 2