Dog Mauls Passenger On Delta Flight

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

AS to check in, when you request special service and I would say a Service Dog would be treated as that, you would be met by Staff as was Norbert on his Trip Home NAH! there is Blame here and I think the Dog was placed in a very silly place Not requesting Special service to me means the Dog was not a Service Dog and as such at the Size should not have been in the Cabin

Can you Image my "Shadow" behaving in the Cabin NO way Jose

I feel sorry for the Chap and sorry for the outcome but this could have been avoided.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

AS to check in, when you request special service and I would say a Service Dog would be treated as that, you would be met by Staff as was Norbert on his Trip Home NAH! there is Blame here and I think the Dog was placed in a very silly place Not requesting Special service to me means the Dog was not a Service Dog and as such at the Size should not have been in the Cabin

Can you Image my "Shadow" behaving in the Cabin NO way Jose

I feel sorry for the Chap and sorry for the outcome but this could have been avoided.

What about some responsibility for the dog's owner? If you were given a middle seat wouldn't you immediately say 'whooa there buckwheat, not sitting in the middle with this dog'.... I do not see why service dogs don't have to be certified and the paperwork presented at the check in or at least the gate. Seems legit people would have no problem with that and the fakers can cram it....

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

the fakers can cram it.

It is easy to get the paperwork. Look here if you would like some https://www.nsarco.com/emotional-support-animal.html

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I do not see why service dogs don't have to be certified and the paperwork presented at the check in or at least the gate. Seems legit people would have no problem with that and the fakers can cram it....

This was my point and it would have been on the Booking request for admittance to the Cabin as a service Dog, No I tend think it is Just a norm Pet that the owner wanted not needed in the cabin. as I say I would just not trust any of my Dogs like this (To Much hustle and bustle) no wonder the dog(if not a service dog used to travel was techy) but then I don't think I would take any of them on a Plane anyway

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is easy to get the paperwork. Look here if you would like some https://www.nsarco.com/emotional-support-animal.html

Should be easy for those in legitimate need and not as easy to get as my ability to get a Philippine 'birth certificate' showing I am a 22 year old Filipina.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Should be easy for those in legitimate need and not as easy to get as my ability to get a Philippine 'birth certificate' showing I am a 22 year old Filipina.

There you go using that logic again.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In one case I ended up in a row of mothers with infants that the "check in" desk was reserving for that purpose but no one told that to the online computer.

Try the seat guru. The row of 4 behind the bulkhead is used for people with infants as they are provided with bassinets to put on the floor in front of their seats, sometimes. Last time, I had infants all around me, 4 in the next row in front, 3 beside me and 2 behind me. Must have been 30 infants on the plane. It was a pane!

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Philippine_Airlines/Philippine_Airlines_Airbus_A340-300.php

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Many Planes today (Long haul) have at the very rear just before the Aft W/C's and rear Galley Entrance there are 2 seats either side of the Plane. To me, this is where the Dog and Owner should have been Put. Out of the Way with Little hustle and Bustle But.......:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Reboot said:

Everybody claims they need a support dog these days in the US. It's ridiculous. And then I see people who look perfectly capable of boarding on their own steam being rolled in on wheelchairs so they can get in first.

Fortunately, when I ride mass transportation in the Philippines, I don't have to worry about sitting next to support dogs. 

14591328472_b8c0c94042_z.jpg

Gotta watch them fighting cocks.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Many Planes today (Long haul) have at the very rear just before the Aft W/C's and rear Galley Entrance there are 2 seats either side of the Plane. To me, this is where the Dog and Owner should have been Put. Out of the Way with Little hustle and Bustle But.......:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Do not recommend those seats as they do not recline. The dog will not mind.

• Like 1