Water delivery (non-potable).

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The municipal water system is sometimes quite inadequate where I live (Songculan, Dauis, Bohol). Of course we have a large storage tank but sometimes we run out when the public water supply system doesn't work for days or sometimes weeks. The wife wants to drill a well. The house is 155 feet above sea level so near as I can tell a well would need to be 210 feet deep. Drilling a well that deep would be expensive. And I've heard the well water is brackish at best. So can I have truckloads of non-potable water delivered? What would the cost be?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its rare to see water trucks here and even more rare to see water trucks with home delivery.  (Any water trucks I have seen are for commercial use and you would have to strike up a private deal.)

What I have seen people do is hire a filipino with a multicab to make multiple trips to a place he can get free water and fill a truck load of those 5 gallon water jugs.  He may get 30 to 40 on his truck so thats 150 to 200 gallons.  That should be enough for a day's use and if it was me I would offer him 1000 pesos for 5 or 6 trips (depending how far he has to go for water) and that should fill a 1000 gallon tank.

Not cheap and you are going to have to buy the bottles but the alternatives would cost more.  What alternatives?  Well for that much water you could likely get a water delivery place to deliver potable water in those 5 gallon jugs.  If you are buying 30 jugs a day (150 gallons) they would deliver for about 10 pesos a jug (wholesale rate) and they would supply the jugs (because they don't have to leave them at your house, they just empty them into your tank,

A fellow in Biliran does this for his entire resort but because he uses so much water, he has his own multicab, his own bottles and his own staff and he sends them up into the mountains for clean, free, clear water.

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its rare to see water trucks here

You can see them every day at Pamela Pension House (about 30 meters North of White Tip Divers). Trucks are about half the size of a gasoline tanker truck. They pull in there and get filled up from the top, kinda like an old Steam Train Engine. Also a very good, reasonably priced laundry there (up the driveway, look left)

Of course that's in Duma so no help to the OP, sorry.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Found a delivery service at P130 per cubic meter with a 10 cubic meter minimum. Thanks, all!

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Roofs with rain gutters were popular at one time. Collected water was stored in drums or a concrete water tank. Use was for bathing, washing dishes and gardening. Some government officials claimed the containers were a good place for mosquitoes to breed. The practice was discouraged.

During the California drought, our son's colleague installed a 1,000 gallon cistern in his backyard to collect bath water. They purchased a special soap on line. Water was then used for gardening. They had a green lawn whereas the neighbors were brown (you were not permitted to water). Since this was considered recycled water, it was permitted under state regulations.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Roofs with rain gutters were popular at one time. Collected water was stored in drums or a concrete water tank. Use was for bathing, washing dishes and gardening. Some government officials claimed the containers were a good place for mosquitoes to breed. The practice was discouraged.

During the California drought, our son's colleague installed a 1,000 gallon cistern in his backyard to collect bath water. They purchased a special soap on line. Water was then used for gardening. They had a green lawn whereas the neighbors were brown (you were not permitted to water). Since this was considered recycled water, it was permitted under state regulations.

I am surprised California isn't one of the States that claim all rain, even on your property, is "state waters". People are fined all the time for having 'non-government approved' ponds and other water catching areas. I remember one guy had bought a property with a pond that had been dug decades earlier getting fined by the city which was trying to force him to fill it in - even though the local fire department used it for reserve fire fighting water. CrAzY!!!!!!

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I am surprised California isn't one of the States that claim all rain, even on your property, is "state waters". People are fined all the time for having 'non-government approved' ponds and other water catching areas. I remember one guy had bought a property with a pond that had been dug decades earlier getting fined by the city which was trying to force him to fill it in - even though the local fire department used it for reserve fire fighting water. CrAzY!!!!!!

Why would you want to live in the Philippines where the government is illogical 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gerald Glatt said:

In the US the government has a desire to be my proctologist (up my ass), in the Philippines as long as I do my BI reporting they leave me alone.

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

In the US the government has a desire to be my proctologist (up my ass), in the Philippines as long as I do my BI reporting they leave me alone.

But here they are not only the proctologist, they tell you when they shove up with their right hand and take the $$ with the left.  It's free you know just give us your $$$$ and we will return everything that you didn't use $, don't be silly you know al;l 60 year old men need an abortion.  We look out for your ass after all.

And why do we want to go to RP again?

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gerald Glatt said:

??? What government is logical? Selling tripe to get elected by stupid constituents who have very short memories? Why live in Australia? Why live in the States? God only knows. At least the Philippines with all its turbulence appear to have predominantly "nice" people with corruption and inadequacies no different to other countries but I personally can't see them declaring war or fighting for the oligarchy to make them richer at the expense of misaligned patriotism. The people are good and not stupid,,,,,,,,, ring any bells? OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2