Legal Firearms for Residents (not Tourists)

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Out in the Province and backwater............maybe not such a risk.  But.......maybe, one day the SO will have one.

Undecided as yet.

Have compound wall around house, CCTV, window bars already.  How far do you go is the question for something that hopefully will never happen

• Like 5

ITGeek
Posted
Posted (edited)

`

6 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Once more Americans don't have an obsession with guns.   As I don't hunt any longer I don't have my double barrel 12 gauge was great for grouse (bob white) rabbits and in Ohio deer.  I gave it and my .22 single shot carbine bolt action, my fathers first weapon to the scouts.  Dad taught me to shot with that gun.  I hunted rabbit shot starlings by the 100s hunted squirrels and practiced by biting tomato stakes at 50 yards in one inch increments. Dad gave me the .22 before I got a bb gun. I have owned only one pistol a small .380 four shot to carry to the bank with the deposits from the restaurants.  The pistol was registered and I was permitted by the fact we had liquor licenses, some arcane law.

As being ex military I may get a concealed carry permit by just paying the fee.  Florida is very loose with the permitting of guns as many 80 year old women carry. Must be why everyone seems so polite here.

In the schools the teachers may not have weapons, in bars you may not carry that maybe why people got shot there.  There were no weapons in Colorado at the movies.  Most of the gun crimes are committed in areas and cities that ban guns...for the citizens safety.  Places like DC Detroit Chicago and other large cities.     

I also live near Ft. Magsaysay in Cabanatuan.  I personally know many 82nd and 101st Rangers/SOCOM and not being military, I've had training in military tactics during my time as intel analyst with sole purpose of protecting sensitive SIGINT equipment.  Nice to know that my life was worth less than equipment.  I was taught to defend and if necessary, detonate equipment with C4 to prevent from falling into enemy hands.  Even rigging up IED's/booby traps to take out as much of them as possible.

I hope it doesn't come to it.  But I know the Filipinos insurgents have my back like in WW2 during The Great Raid.

Edited by ITGeek
autospell *#*$
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I would move if I needed a high velocity weapon just to feel safe.

Likewise.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted

There's an old saying on the matter... "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6."

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Reboot said:

There's an old saying on the matter... "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6."

I agree, BUT, it really depends on where you're living. Being tried by 12; would they really be impartial, or how soon would you get your so-called speedy trial, days, weeks, years?  I fully agree with being armed, but, reality is dictated by location in the world.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

There is also another old saying "Don't stand in the middle of the highway". Being prepared for a situation is one thing, living in a high danger area requiring high power weapons is a choice (that should be avoided).

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Being tried by 12;

That's the thing guys, there is no jury trial here.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

That's the thing guys, there is no jury trial here.

If you ever get a trial,some people die in jail before the trial date.