Armed civilian militia. Is this the answer?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Someone once suggested it. I think it was Daryl Gates former Chief of Police in LA who invented S.W.A.T. 

It was suppose to be made up of responsible citizens who were selected with background checks as well as training with a firearm. They could carry a concealed weapon in public and had the authority to use it to stop and/or prevent a crime. Sort of like undercover law enforcement. 

Seems like a lot of crimes could be prevented and/or stopped since local law enforcement is limited and cannot be everywhere or respond quickly to a crime.

What do you think?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Key words Responsible Filipino Citizens.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Key words Responsible Filipino Citizens.

Sorry. It was not meant to be Philippines. 

More like the USA and UK

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Key words Responsible Filipino Citizens

Let us know if you find any :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

As for law enforcement without guns in the Philippines.

I once was staying at SOHO hotel in Manila when a commotion started outside at a street corner. It was about 5 or 6 kids maybe older teens fighting. I don't know if it was a gang fight or someone bullying but 2 unarmed men with night sticks quickly stepped in and started swinging the night sticks. The kids took off in all directions. The 2 civilians just continued on their stroll. Probably plain clothes police. I don't know who else would carry night sticks around. 

I saw something similar in LA down by the Harbor Freeway. 

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

It is simply human nature what is going on in the UK and Europe... except (smart) Poland.... The more cowering and meek the locals act, the bolder the aggressors act. It has always been this way. It will continue to be this way unless (until?) the traditional population starts to rise up and hold accountable those that are acting out.

The very interesting part is that this is the first time in history that governments have actually welcomed, housed, protected invaders and jailed their own citizens for questioning WHY! This truly is cultural suicide and sanctioned by the 'elected leaders'.... As this pertains to the Philippines, I read an article today about the situation in Mindanao that stated the majority of fighters and agitators were not Pinoys, but fighters who have come in from foreign countries.     

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I don't know who else would carry night sticks around. 

In the UK, Routine Patrol Policemen/women carry only these and maybe a can Of pepper spray (mace I believe it is called) Anything that gets out of Control Armed Response Units are never far away. They are always on the prowl but only used if necessary. They can fairly easily be spotted as they will normally be in High Powered vehicles with an ARU emblem side and rear,  The UK still has no Armed Uniformed Foot Patrol, Of course there are Armed Units but we the Public don't see them until all is revealed But then, neither do the offenders until too late.

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:  

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

As this pertains to the Philippines, I read an article today about the situation in Mindanao that stated the majority of fighters and agitators were not Pinoys, but fighters who have come in from foreign countries.     

Link Please, Thank you.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Link Please, Thank you.

In www.philstar.com today. I shall look. Here is a different source:  https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2017/06/07/055882150/Indonesian-ISIS-Fighters-Enter-Philippines  If you google 'foreign fighters in the Philippines' you find multiple articles.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Bruce said:

the majority of fighters and agitators were not Pinoys, but fighters who have come in from foreign countries.

Of the 120 militants killed in Marawi so far, at least eight are known to be foreign fighters, including a Chechen, a Yemeni and several Malaysians and Indonesians, according to Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/06/07/1707597/afp-video-shows-militants-intention-establishing-islamic-state-marawi

• Like 4