Why The Philippines?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, topcat72m said:

One could if they were in star trek. 

Here its simply turn the light on/off. 

In Georgia you would often hear 'cut the light on' and 'cut the light off'. 'Turn up the air conditioner' meant lower the temperature.... we are way off topic aren't we??? LOL

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jake did you delete #2 because she was he?

I thought Hugh said it was duck season when someone tried to ""bag a bunny"

sssssh be wery wery quiet, I'm hunting wabbit'  Mawuh :56fdd33da67bc_santadance: 

Edited by Gerald Glatt
  • Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I use to say, "open the light" and "kill the light" when I first arrived in the United States. My new friends made fun of me until I changed to "turn on the light" and "turn off the light". Upon returning to the Philippines, family and friends then made fun of me. So which one is correct?

"When in Rome" :thumbsup:

Edited by intrepid
spelling
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm here because I have to live somewhere and the Philippines offers me the best option, all things considered. It certainly lags behind many places in many ways, but it offers a reasonable lifestyle for a minimal income. Obviously being married to a Filipina was a factor, but we could have stayed where we were or went to the UK rather than here so that in itself wasn't the main reason.

I've only been here 2 years, so I'm in the "what the hell's wrong with this place" phase. I suspect I'll never be totally happy here due to the attitude of too many of the people, but that's for me to work on, they sure won't!

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm here because I have to live somewhere and the Philippines offers me the best option, all things considered. It certainly lags behind many places in many ways, but it offers a reasonable lifestyle for a minimal income. Obviously being married to a Filipina was a factor, but we could have stayed where we were or went to the UK rather than here so that in itself wasn't the main reason.

I've only been here 2 years, so I'm in the "what the hell's wrong with this place" phase. I suspect I'll never be totally happy here due to the attitude of too many of the people, but that's for me to work on, they sure won't!

I miss some of the 1st world product availability, I certainly miss duty free deliveries from Amazon ect. I do not miss the prices or the crowds of Chinese though. I am much more comfortable here though, not with 'stuff', but with a feeling in my soul - if that makes any damn sense...

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

I miss some of the 1st world product availability, I certainly miss duty free deliveries from Amazon ect. I do not miss the prices or the crowds of Chinese though. I am much more comfortable here though, not with 'stuff', but with a feeling in my soul - if that makes any damn sense...

In a previous lifetime the 1st World availability would have been an issue, but my new financial status kinda helped wean me off of that - in short, I'm broke!

I do enjoy the peace and quiet (yep, hard to believe it but it is quiet where I am) - in Hong Kong where we were previously, I didn't realise how noisy it was 24/7 until I came here.

I'm not quite at the happy soul place yet, but I'm optimistic I'll get there.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Talk about inflation: Lat year Parker & Bailey furniture polish was 279PH for 16 oz at Ace Hardware SM Bacolod. Now it is 249PH for 8 oz at the same store. They don't stock the 16 oz anymore.

• Like 1