BPI Savings Account Holders Experiencing Lost Money, Negative Balances

robert k
Posted
Posted

I had been give a recommendation for BPI. I personally did not have a good experience with BPI. I opened an account deposited cash and a check. I expected it to take some time for the check to clear and I had allowed 6 weeks before I ever looked. After 7 weeks the money was in my account and I closed my dollar and peso accounts at BPI. That was just too long.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Have these 'hackings' been addressed by the bank, ie. reimbursing the customer?  Please don't tell me they don't have to do that?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Have these 'hackings' been addressed by the bank, ie. reimbursing the customer?  Please don't tell me they don't have to do that?

There was no hacking. It was a bug in the computer software for processing transactions. So no money was lost which would need to be reimbursed.

Login to your account online has been restored so I checked my wife's account and all funds are accounted for.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

No reimbursement by BPI for the missing money that they acknowledged. They left it up to me to work it out with my US bank. Fortunately, I have been given a "provisional credit" for the amount. I check my online statement regularly and so far I still have credit for the amount.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

No reimbursement by BPI for the missing money that they acknowledged. They left it up to me to work it out with my US bank. Fortunately, I have been given a "provisional credit" for the amount. I check my online statement regularly and so far I still have credit for the amount.

This seems rather strange, Aussie banks would have to compensate - if it is their system that has failed, how do they get away with that???   My SO was saying after I spoke to her about this, that a friend here in Thailand had experienced the same problem.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, earthdome said:

Gratefuled has confused the issue by telling of the time a BPI ATM did not disburse any money to him with the recent incident where BPI had a computer bug that temporarily resulted in reporting of wrong balances. In the former case, as I recall, he stated he was not using a BPI card but one from a different bank. So you have the issue which has to be resolved, who has the money that was not disbursed by the ATM. In the latter case no customer funds were lost, BPI fixed the bug in a short time, and everything returned back to normal.

Noted and agree,  two different issues. Just telling how a BPI ATM machine dis not dispense money and did not take responsibility to issue me the money that was not dispensed. Instead, BPI told me that I had to resolve the issue with my bank even after acknowledging the ATM machine was theirs and not my US bank. It's a good thing that my "reliable" US bank did credit me the amount. 

As for the "glitch" in BPI, yes it was fixed but not the first time. The "glitch" remained and another day went by before they could fix it. Yes, it could happen to any bank, thats true. 

No, I am not "confused". Just my 2 cents about the way BPI handles complaints. 

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Just my 2 cents about the way BPI handles complaints. 

I have banked with BPI for nearly three years and have always found them helpful and polite, your experience could be down to the staff in your branch. As we all know, here branches and the way they work appear to be dependent on the manager.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, virginprune said:

I have banked with BPI for nearly three years and have always found them helpful and polite, your experience could be down to the staff in your branch. As we all know, here branches and the way they work appear to be dependent on the manager.

I was thinking the same thing. We most often see this highlighted by the varied experiences reported here about treatment and times at our local BI offices.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I am under the impression that each branch is a franchise,the service you get at one branch can be completely different to the one up the road.Which goes along with your post.

• Like 4