BPI Savings Account Holders Experiencing Lost Money, Negative Balances

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am under the impression that each branch is a franchise,

I liked you post Mate but would Question this, Surely BPI is owned by the Ayala  family

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I liked you post Mate but would Question this, Surely BPI is owned by the Ayala  family

The bank may be owned by Ayala but do they franchise out? I have been told most banks here do.Maybe I `m wrong and if I am I will go and get drunk as a penance.Ok now  :photo-109:

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Individual offices are not "franchises" but reflect the personality of the top team, especially if they have a lot of freedom in how they run "their" branch. That can result in manifestly different experiences in two branches for the same or similar issues.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have been told most banks here do.

If such is the case, who is the owner of the franchise and do they hire a manager?  I have seen managers get fired or transferred on occasion and the bank continues on so I am wondering if your information came from a reliable source.  Do you have a link?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The bank may be owned by Ayala but do they franchise out? I have been told most banks here do.Maybe I `m wrong and if I am I will go and get drunk as a penance.Ok now  :photo-109:

:hystery: Ha Ha, You don't normally need AN Excuse but Ok go, On Blame me:mocking:

As to the issue I don't know but it might be an answer to the problem if they are, Too many People into too many things with cross Province/Town accounts you know like order a McDo's in the New one on Perdices, Collect it at the Old One on Perdices, pay for it at the Newest one by Robinsons. but eat it at the City Mall one (if it is Open and if not there is the Problem NO McDo's like no money in BPI) Yeah that's it, too many people Involved with Infrastructure that is unstable, 

OK,OK, Just because people don't think like we do don't mean it can't happen EH?

Kev will Understand, Won't you Kev?

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Individual offices are not "franchises" but reflect the personality of the top team, especially if they have a lot of freedom in how they run "their" branch. That can result in manifestly different experiences in two branches for the same or similar issues.

Yes, they are "branches" and not "franchises". If you notice, they move their employees around to different branches. Branch managers seem to be temporary positions since I have seen them at different branches in Davao city. Talking about BPI before I closed my accounts there. One female manager at Quirico branch was especially rude to me. I stopped going to that branch only to have her pop up at Gaisano branch. The same with other bank personnel. We especially liked the branch at Abreeza because of the quick service. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The bank may be owned by Ayala but do they franchise out? I have been told most banks here do

I can not see how you can Franchise a bank. :89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I received this e-mail from BPI today:

Dear Valued Client,

Greetings from Bank of the Philippine Islands!

BPI made announcements from June 7 to 8, 2017 about suspending its ATM, online, and mobile channel access for clients due to an internal data processing error. We sincerely apologize for whatever inconvenience this incident might have caused you.

We are pleased to inform you that we have corrected all mis-posted transactions, which you can now view online or in your next statement. You will note that ATM-related transactions made last April 27 to May 2 were incorrectly re-posted on June 6.  Entries to correct these were made on June 7 and June 8.  We assure you that no breach of our systems has occurred, nor is this a case of hacking.

We at BPI continue to maintain a high standard of data integrity and security. All systems and operations are back to normal. We remain committed to constantly improve our services to you, and a significant part of this is our strong focus on safeguarding your accounts and ensuring high levels of service quality.

Should you have questions regarding this issue, or inquiries on how BPI can be of further service to any of your financial requirements, you may visit the branch or call 89-100.

We will continue to provide you with Trusted Advice and make the best happen for you and your loved ones.

Yours sincerely,

RAMITESS SANCHEZ
Business Manager

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2017 at 0:58 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

If such is the case, who is the owner of the franchise and do they hire a manager?  I have seen managers get fired or transferred on occasion and the bank continues on so I am wondering if your information came from a reliable source.  Do you have a link?

No Dave I was told this by a long time expat a few years ago.He is not known to lie so that gave it a bit of credence.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2017 at 1:02 PM, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Ha Ha, You don't normally need AN Excuse but Ok go, On Blame me:mocking:

As to the issue I don't know but it might be an answer to the problem if they are, Too many People into too many things with cross Province/Town accounts you know like order a McDo's in the New one on Perdices, Collect it at the Old One on Perdices, pay for it at the Newest one by Robinsons. but eat it at the City Mall one (if it is Open and if not there is the Problem NO McDo's like no money in BPI) Yeah that's it, too many people Involved with Infrastructure that is unstable, 

OK,OK, Just because people don't think like we do don't mean it can't happen EH?

Kev will Understand, Won't you Kev?

Yes Jack too many people with their fingers in the pie all vying for the top spot.