Driving from the south to Cebu city

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If anybody is thinking of driving from the south to Cebu city you may want to think again.

CEBU CITY–Prepare for the worst.
The Department of Public Works and Highways in Central Visayas (DPWH-7) announced on Wednesday the closure of the flyover in Barangay Tabunok, Talisay City from June 9 to 22 for retrofitting.
The closure was announced through flyers sent out by Engineer Leslie Anthony Molina, head of the Cebu 2nd district engineering office.

Retrofitting of its expansion joints worth P20 million is the second phase of the flyover rehabilitation project.
It will be undertaken by PLD Construction and will last for 14 days.
The closure of the Tabunok flyover is timed with the ongoing dry run being implemented by the Cebu City Traffic Office in preparation for the construction of an underpass at the intersection of N. Bacalso and F. Llamas Street.
If the dry run will be a success, the construction of the underpass might start on Friday, said DPWH-7 project engineer Roy dela Cruz.
The closure of the Tabunok flyover on Friday will the third this year.
The first one was March 31 to April 2 and the second, April 4 to 5, for phase 1 of the rehabilitation project which included scraping of the existing asphalt and replacing it with new asphalt and water proofing.
The project amounted to P9 million and was awarded to First Grandeur, Inc.

Read more: http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/135661/public-told-brace-worst#ixzz4jJbai4He

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know that area well. It's gonna be an epic traffic mess even by Cebu standards! Expect traffic to be backed up to Inchon Korea and south to Brisbane.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

I know that area well. It's gonna be an epic traffic mess even by Cebu standards! Expect traffic to be backed up to Inchon Korea and south to Brisbane.

Yes I have traveled there at least a hundred times and Tabunok is bad even with the flyover.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I've been that way a couple of times. It looks like they are always working on something in that area. Reminds me of other public works projects I have seen that are never finished. Well, that isn't exactly true, the one I'm thinking of they called finished after 30 years...just in time for the major repairs.

• Like 1