Rental Contract

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Out of the 4 places I have rented I have only ever had 1 rental contract and it was not as complicated as Rons.Basically it said one month notice and keep the place clean or you will pay out of your deposit.

The same with me. My first and only rental just required 1st and last month rent. 

Others that I looked in to via a realtor required 12 post dated checks, plus deposit, plus 1st and last month rent. 

I had a 1 year engagement per mutual agreement. We married and I moved into her home. I have since then fixed it up to my liking.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Reminds me of something that made me chuckle a bit.  When I stayed at Nicanor Hotel in Dumaguete 4 years ago they gave me a room with no windows (happens and no problem) and the bulb in the toilet was burned out.  With no natural light I definitely needed light in the CR. so I went to the front desk and said the light bulb in the CR needed to be replaced.

No problem.  They had it done in 5 minutes.  On checking out I noticed one light bulb, 70 pesos, added to the bill.  You gotta pick your battles here or you will stress out so I let it go.

Very true David, if I had just gone ahead and signed that contract blindly, we would have been screwed in the event of say a fridge or tv breaking down!  Good if you can get away  with it!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

That sounds reasonable. One thing to consider is that your last electric usage is normally deducted from your deposit. Hence the time needed to get the bill and usage so that they know how much to withhold from the deposit to pay the electric. Then return the balance.

Rented twice in that region of Luzon. Both times my deposit was returned after the amount due for electric was determined.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

That sounds reasonable. One thing to consider is that your last electric usage is normally deducted from your deposit. Hence the time needed to get the bill and usage so that they know how much to withhold from the deposit to pay the electric. Then return the balance.

Rented twice in that region of Luzon. Both times my deposit was returned after the amount due for electric was determined.

The first deposit I paid in Cebu city I never got back,I did hear that that particular Landlord never paid any back.The second place I had I never paid a deposit and you could not have asked for a better LL.I rented in Dalaguete for 4 years and when I left I let him keep the deposit as over the years he had helped us out with a few things.Actually I like to think we are friends.

• Like 4

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Welcome back to the Philippines Ron and SO, permanent? Looking forward to catching up early next year when we return. You appear to have secured a good rental agreement for that area given facilities and resources available, not a bad spot and away from the tourists and noise. We like the area but not necessarily the beaches there. We are sure you will investigate both north and south over the next 6 months, enjoy and keep us posted.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 6/11/2017 at 2:55 AM, earthdome said:

I doubt I will have any problems earthdome, owners are doctor/dentist husband and wife, so assume they are ethical.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Welcome back to the Philippines Ron and SO, permanent? Looking forward to catching up early next year when we return. You appear to have secured a good rental agreement for that area given facilities and resources available, not a bad spot and away from the tourists and noise. We like the area but not necessarily the beaches there. We are sure you will investigate both north and south over the next 6 months, enjoy and keep us posted.

Cheers, Steve.

Most definitely Steve, I agree about the southern SF beaches, we will be swimming at San Juan (well me anyway, SO swims like a rock).  Still heeding what you mentioned about north Luzon access, loud and clear.  But as we had seen the resort and facilities, it was a 'no brainer'.

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Most definitely Steve, I agree about the southern SF beaches, we will be swimming at San Juan (well me anyway, SO swims like a rock).  Still heeding what you mentioned about north Luzon access, loud and clear.  But as we had seen the resort and facilities, it was a 'no brainer'.

You will be swimming in the pool/s within your complex, San Juan is a 30 plus minute drive, good coffee up there though and better beaches. San Juan is expensive and more so as the years role by. Closer to your SO's family but hey, distance can bring benefits and a hell of a lot less head aches. 35/40 mins from family works for us,,,,,, I hope, some family member in Bacnotan 5 mins away but no dramas there I am sure. Enjoy your new home and prosper.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 11/06/2017 at 5:55 AM, earthdome said:

As it should be and no different to a rental/lease in any other country. 

Cheers, Steve.