Where is my present?

robert k
Posted
Posted

My present is I want you to keep your money.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My wife likes to give souvenirs to her friends. Stepson wanted something to show he went to Hong Kong because he said his friends would not believe him. So, we had pictures posted in his Facebook account. He liked that. 

Pictures are my best souvenir. 

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I stopped this asking for gifts very early.It was a Christmas time and somebody said where is my present I said next to the one you bought me.I got a funny look but it seems to have sunk in as I have not been asked again.I actually find it very rude.

I agree Kev, I like your reply though - my reply would probably be not so polite.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I stopped this asking for gifts very early.It was a Christmas time and somebody said where is my present I said next to the one you bought me.I got a funny look but it seems to have sunk in as I have not been asked again.I actually find it very rude.

My experience with this hasn't been people asking (excellent answer though, right up my alley), mine has been my wife 'needing' to buy presents for family when we go on trips. Didn't surprise me though as I understand it to be a culture thing. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I agree Kev, I like your reply though - my reply would probably be not so polite.

It took some doing to be so polite Ron it still haunts me till this day being so polite haha

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
Just now, sonjack2847 said:

It took some doing to be so polite Ron it still haunts me till this day being so polite haha

It is my plan to have minimal contact with SO's family, she can look after that area of the relationship.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

My experience with this hasn't been people asking (excellent answer though, right up my alley), mine has been my wife 'needing' to buy presents for family when we go on trips. Didn't surprise me though as I understand it to be a culture thing. 

I do buy small gifts for some people when I go on trips but I don`t want people expecting this and almost demanding it.Especially when they are adults.

A barmaid in Dalaguete was always asking for gifts and I said I wanted something in return.Her answer was you don`t give to receive so I said well just give me what I want and you can go away.She never asked again.

• Like 5