Where do you draw the line

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And you allow that?  Where do you draw the line on the kind of behavior you will accept from your wife?  I know some guys who complain when their wife will take money from their wallet without saying anything.  The worst case I know was a friend who came over to borrow some money because he said "I had some money hidden but my damn wife found it and took it and gave it to her family.  If it wasn't for our kid I'd be gone."

How many of us do not draw any boundaries on what is acceptable behavior for a wife?  What do you do when/if she crosses that line?

The worst case scenario is one I have mentioned before where a friend said he would rather die than leave his wife, even though she is cheating on him and spending all his money.  So she poisoned him.

OK, this will have to be a new topic so moving it over now. . . .

As far as I am concerned I would not allow my wife to take somebodies tip as I would consider that theft.The tip belongs to the waitress end of story.As for limits I give to my wife is that you can use the change I put on top of the ref but you do not take any other money without first asking,this has worked well so far. 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Aint it funny we all seem to know someone in that position, dying love no matter what, but would we stay i that relationship, i for one would not, knowing there are more fish out there.

Now if there was children it could be different.

Emma will always ask if its ok to send so and so money and i am pleased that does still happen, so far so good for us too,

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

As far as I am concerned I would not allow my wife to take somebodies tip as I would consider that theft.The tip belongs to the waitress end of story.As for limits I give to my wife is that you can use the change I put on top of the ref but you do not take any other money without first asking,this has worked well so far. 

On my first trips over there i placed the tip on the table and Emma use to say that is too much and then would remove it and place a smaller amount, in the end i just let her leave the tip as in my eyes it was not enough.

She did try to explain that leaving what i was doing , then the waitress expected others to leave the same , i understand but it was hard leaving pennies rather then pounds like here in England .

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My wife still sees the line as it is my money until I put it in her hand. I that the is a bit excessive and have told her, but I am not going to push the issue and have her end up trying to spend everything. She is happy with the line there so I'm gonna leave it alone.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And you allow that?

Did not see original string, so I hope it was in jest. But what occurs to me right off is:

Am I giving my wife enough money for her needs so she doesn't feel the need to steal what is obviously meant for another person? If the answer is yes I do give her enough money, then there just might be something a bit deeper the matter.

secondly, if I am not giving her enough money, why not? Is the problem with me? Or my trust level in her?:89:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Olive Garden

On our last trip to the states I notised this at Olive Garden. New to me. Thought is was a great idea!:thumbsup: Saved me from doing the math :hystery:

• Like 3