1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

There are beavers then there are BEAVERS :smile:

You must be on about the OTTER ones.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 6/12/2017 at 0:13 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Be careful with that.  2 years ago I went to Agoda and was going to book Crimson Hotel in Alabang but they said the same as you: 23% will be added blah blah.  So I went direct to the hotel reservation, inhouse, site.  I got the same price Agoda was charging and it was all-in.  There was no extra percentage whatsoever.

I am not saying there was no tax/service charge or what-have-you.  I am saying some include it in the price of the room and don't use it as an add-on.  

EDIT:  Let me add that it was the same at the Mandarin Hotel last month (in Cebu).  What they asked for as their rack rate was what I paid, all in. (And it was a good price, in my opinion, for just showing up with no reservation and saying "how much for a room")  Any of the stuff you mentioned was their problem as they had included it in the price.  AND the price included breakfast buffet with no tip or service charge added or needed.  I watched and so no one leaving a tip.  Not one in the hour I was watching.  So not being one to wreck a good thing, neither did I.

I often do this also Dave, but can't always find a website for the particular hotel.

• Like 2