Where do you draw the line

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bang on but only as long as they are sensible enough to :89: Listen and Understand :smile:

Haha well Jack it has taken quite a few attempts but I got there in the end,For now anyway who knows what the future holds.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

they are sensible enough

And we are sensible enough to listen and compromise.  But I am coming from a different place.  I did not hear what my ex was saying and did not compromise and now she is an ex.  Just words to the wise :morning1:

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

She looks at the tax on the receipt (whatever the percentage is) and decides if its good enough for the government its good enough for the workers so whatever the tax shows on the receipt, she leaves that amount as a tip.

I used this type of logic when talking about income tax 'God Almighty Himself wants 10%, why does the government think it is more important than God?'

7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

when I was younger, I left about 5% for the tip.  

Why are tips a percentage anyway? The server does the exact same thing carrying a $8 salad as carrying a $48 surf and turf. The chef is the one with extra work.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If she has a "good figure" I may leave a little more :hystery:

But its story time again :photo-109: On one occasion, in Canada, when I was younger, I left about 5% for the tip.  The waiter came up to me and gave it back, in front of my friends, and said in a condescending tone:  "Sir, if that is all you can afford to tip then you need it more than me, thank you."

Could it be that some are afraid of getting that reaction from a filipino and thus overtip?

I would have been quite angry if he said that to me.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If she has a "good figure" I may leave a little more :hystery:

But its story time again :photo-109: On one occasion, in Canada, when I was younger, I left about 5% for the tip.  The waiter came up to me and gave it back, in front of my friends, and said in a condescending tone:  "Sir, if that is all you can afford to tip then you need it more than me, thank you."

Could it be that some are afraid of getting that reaction from a filipino and thus overtip?

I once had something like that happen to me. The bill was around $58.65, I told the waiter all I had was 100s and gave him as I put one with the bill. He brought me back 2 20s, and the rest in coins. I left him the coins only as either he was trying to force a $20 tip or he was too dumb to bring me change so I could tip what I want. He chased me down asking me what was wrong, I said 'nothing' and continued walking out. Don't know if he learned a lesson from that or not.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I once had something like that happen to me. The bill was around $58.65, I told the waiter all I had was 100s and gave him as I put one with the bill. He brought me back 2 20s, and the rest in coins. I left him the coins only as either he was trying to force a $20 tip or he was too dumb to bring me change so I could tip what I want. He chased me down asking me what was wrong, I said 'nothing' and continued walking out. Don't know if he learned a lesson from that or not.

I don`t like forced tipping at all.If I want to tip I will if I don`t tip then they should look at the service they have given.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

No need to wait... just look at BPI's recent computer problems.

I mean far more than email or ATMs. I mean no electricity, no gasoline, no air traffic control, no cash registers, etc. Maybe a natural thing like solar radiation or maybe terrorism. 2 days with no BPI is nothing, most have more than one bank.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

PS:  She is much richer than me so I would leave 20 pesos a person

Per people on the table or per staff ? 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Or I would say marry someone you are completely compatible with.  The "Magic" is figuring that part out before the "I DO's"

I did marry someone completely compatible. We had  a 1 year engagement.No rushing to the alter. In every relationship whether it be marriage or just shacking up there is a period of adjustment. If one cannot adjust then don't tie the knot. 

I was a widower before I married. I never had a marriage problem with my late wife. I've been married now 5 years here and not a single problem has evolved that we didn't easily resolve. During my single years, I had many relationships but none of which I wanted to settle down with. 

Regardless of how you see me here and imagine me to be, you would be surprised. I'm easy to get along with but I choose my friends carefully. Just like I chose my wife, "carefully". 

• Like 4