Jump to content
AlwaysRt

Power pole/electrical distribution standards?

Recommended Posts

AlwaysRt    2,802

Is there a standard for reporting leaning power poles to be repaired before they fall? Or is 'we will fix it when it falls' the standard? (Specifically Valencia, Negros Oriental in my case). Is there a maximum distance a transformer can be before the utility is required to install another one? 

House service to the 1st pole is about 50 meters, service pole to the street pole in 2nd pic is about 30 meters, pole with transformer is about 60 meters up the hill by the Mormon church. It is hard to figure out but I guess at least 10 electric meters (houses) are on the same line we are.

 

20170607_134624.jpg20170607_134431.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave Hounddriver    19,121
38 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

It is hard to figure out but I guess at least 10 electric meters (houses) are on the same line we are.

I'd say you are doing well. A search of Google for some some comparables in other countries shows a general consensus that:

Quote

Considering the diversity factor and load factor one transformer in Urban area will supply @ 70-80 houses.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Typically_how_many_houses_does_a_distribution_transformer_supply_in_a_residential_area

I would not be surprised to find that number doubled in some Philippine locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Peterson    15,234

 You can Report this as with anything else at the Customer services  Department on Noreco II's Emergency number which is on your Bill receipt. There is an ongoing programme that is changing all wood poles to Concrete If you visit or ring them they may be able to help with your enquiry 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt    2,802
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'd say you are doing well. A search of Google for some some comparables in other countries shows a general consensus that:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Typically_how_many_houses_does_a_distribution_transformer_supply_in_a_residential_area

I would not be surprised to find that number doubled in some Philippine locations.

I took a total guess based on what I see coming to my house, at least 10 but as you say could be double upon examination. I know my inlaws are like that. From the dirt road where their transformer is, 700 meter walk to thier house along a dirt path. They probably do have 30 houses but only some have fans and a few have a ref, lights and of course karaoke only for the rest. Big difference between 6 km up the mountain in the province and a house in the town proper though. (easier to service, higher density so faster ROI, and aircons are used here)

42 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

 You can Report this as with anything else at the Customer services  Department on Noreco II's Emergency number which is on your Bill receipt. There is an ongoing programme that is changing all wood poles to Concrete If you visit or ring them they may be able to help with your enquiry 

OK, thanks. Didn't want to start a process that was meaningless because the poles in the photos didn't meet their 'requires attention' standard. Not gonna get on the phone demanding US standards cuz.... ummmm.... this ain't the US.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Peterson    15,234
12 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Not gonna get on the phone demanding US standards cuz.... ummmm.... this ain't the US.

Maybe but if you think They are dangerous they (Noreco II) have a Duty of care to the public at Large. Let me have the Address of the offending Poles. It just happens that the Engineer in charge of Staking/ Pole Placing is here for Lunch on Sunday and I will let him know so he can Address this. :thumbsup:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt    2,802
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe but if you think They are dangerous they (Noreco II) have a Duty of care to the public at Large. Let me have the Address of the offending Poles. It just happens that the Engineer in charge of Staking/ Pole Placing is here for Lunch on Sunday and I will let him know so he can Address this. :thumbsup:

Address?!?!?!??! you are funny! The "address" is, from the Mormon Church in Valencia, come down Amor Street (Amor Street starts there so down/east is the only direction you can go) about 50 meters. The pole in the 2nd picture will be on the right, look left down the dirt road, the pole in the 1st picture is about 30 meters away near the red gate.

I was going to look tomorrow and see if there was any ID numbers on the poles.  Do they ID them, is there an ID tag to look for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave Hounddriver    19,121
6 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

is there an ID tag to look for?

Yes, look for the tag that says ID then the number ten, followed by the letter t. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

Spoiler

ID10T

(Lynn said to write Joke lang) :hystery:

 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old55    6,308

Standards, yea sure you betcha. Shocking!!!! :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Peterson    15,234
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Address?!?!?!??! you are funny! The "address" is, from the Mormon Church in Valencia, come down Amor Street (Amor Street starts there so down/east is the only direction you can go) about 50 meters. The pole in the 2nd picture will be on the right, look left down the dirt road, the pole in the 1st picture is about 30 meters away near the red gate.

I was going to look tomorrow and see if there was any ID numbers on the poles.  Do they ID them, is there an ID tag to look for?

 Oh I do hope this Topic is Not going to turn out like another Forum where my (my wife really that is) help is spurned and turned into a hate and piss take of the Company responsible for what may put right your original Question.

Well [sigh] Had you gone or phoned that is the question you would have been asked the Address where the Pole is it may not as in this case, be at Your House SO now you have said the Mormon church they will know where to look (If they don't already know)

But as to ID Tags no not on the Old Wooden Poles but the new Concrete ones are numbered. As I said before elsewhere, Noreco II are getting on top of these things but it does not happen overnight.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt    2,802
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

 Oh I do hope this Topic is Not going to turn out like another Forum where my (my wife really that is) help is spurned and turned into a hate and piss take of the Company responsible for what may put right your original Question.

Well [sigh] Had you gone or phoned that is the question you would have been asked the Address where the Pole is it may not as in this case, be at Your House SO now you have said the Mormon church they will know where to look (If they don't already know)

But as to ID Tags no not on the Old Wooden Poles but the new Concrete ones are numbered. As I said before elsewhere, Noreco II are getting on top of these things but it does not happen overnight.

No no no my friend, it was a comment about the Philippines in general, nothing at all to do with the company and certainly not your wife. I just think it is 'funny' that I live in Valencia proper and my address is 'Amor Street', no number or anything else even suggesting what end of the street. When ordering online etc I use my phone number as the street number so delivery can call for directions (like I wrote above) or PhilPost can text me to come pickup.

I apologize the way I wrote it you even considered there might be anything but gratitude for your assistance,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×