'bum washer'

mogo51
Posted
Posted

One of the best things I have experienced in my years in Asia, is the 'bum washer' and how they are far more hygenic than toilet paper IMO.

I have seen them in hotels in Philippines, so assume they are available in hardware stores (including the fittings).  Can someone confirm please, don't want to go back to the 'western system'.  Otherwise, I will have to byo!

Sorry, hope you have all had your breakfast before reading this.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Sure, that is all available.  I have one here that I have not installed yet.  You just put a splitter on your toilet water valve and attach the bidet hose holder on the wall next to the toilet.

Or you can also find the fancy type built into the toilet seat.

s

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

I have seen them in hotels in Philippines, so assume they are available in hardware stores

Hotels seem to have more water pressure than the average municipal water system and the bum guns work.  I have not seen the really great ones in hotels here, such as I experienced in South Korea.  That experience spoiled me so I had to have something like that here and so:

Here is my experience.  I put a splitter on the hose coming from the hot side of my shower water heater and hooked up a makeshift "bum gun".  It worked, somewhat.  The water temperature was always set to my liking and I basically just gave my undercarriage a little shower.

The problem was:  not enough water pressure to do a good cleaning and once that area is wet, tissue does a poor job of finishing up.  The solution would be to put in a pressure pump.  Better shower pressure to both areas.  I have the pump but I hesitate to install it.  Anything I touch that has to do with plumbing will eventually leak. Dave's law I suppose.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I read the title and thought it was a job vacancy.Yes Ron you can get the materials here in most hardware stores.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

There are different hose sprayers too. I find that the shower type gives too much water. There is one designed for the toilet that is easier to control.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I had decent pressure and about a 10 foot hose on my shower head and it would reach the toilet. It was handy cleaning the bathroom too just spray a little bleach around and hose it down with the shower head.:smile:

I do not like the water method in public bathrooms as I used to be part of public health in a small way. Poop water gets on the floor where people walk on it and track it out of the CR. Unless I'm really in a hurry I take my pants completely off so they don't touch the floor and soak up the water and many stalls don't have a hook. luckily I'm fairly regular and do my business at home for the most part.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hotels seem to have more water pressure than the average municipal water system and the bum guns work.  I have not seen the really great ones in hotels here, such as I experienced in South Korea.  That experience spoiled me so I had to have something like that here and so:

Here is my experience.  I put a splitter on the hose coming from the hot side of my shower water heater and hooked up a makeshift "bum gun".  It worked, somewhat.  The water temperature was always set to my liking and I basically just gave my undercarriage a little shower.

The problem was:  not enough water pressure to do a good cleaning and once that area is wet, tissue does a poor job of finishing up.  The solution would be to put in a pressure pump.  Better shower pressure to both areas.  I have the pump but I hesitate to install it.  Anything I touch that has to do with plumbing will eventually leak. Dave's law I suppose.

So the bottom (really) line is I can get them there, no need to bring with me.  I will try and work from there.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

So the bottom (really) line is I can get them there, no need to bring with me.  I will try and work from there.

Well my bum washers is  washing Dishes just now :hystery: Think on lads, think On

• Like 3