Now I got a problem with Contacts on my phone!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK G & G's, I got a problem, at the tender age of 69 the new phone I bought yesterday ( A samsung ) is fine but it is only the 4th NEW phone I have ever had and only 2nd Dual Sim

So here is my problem, Because it was advised by someone way back, I saved all my Contacts to Phone, Now How on earth can I get all these much needed & Treasured Numbers out of my old Phone(Nokia)  

help wanted.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Do you have a gmail account? I save my contacts to Google, when I sign in to my gmail on a new phone all of my contacts are imported with it. Very simple as I set it up years ago and several phones ago, never had to do anything but sign in since - and all my contacts are backed up real time. Don't have to worry about transfer, lost, stolen, or broken phone anymore.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

In this case I am in 100% agreement with AlwaysRt.  Good plan and I follow it too.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In this case I am in 100% agreement with AlwaysRt.  Good plan and I follow it too.

I would be if it was a SmartPhone which it is NOT However I have now started to Put my Contacts on Gmail so if and when I do get Smart? all done and Dusted. BUT and for once for me Kev (sonjack) hit it on the Head all done now Kev Thanks

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Put your sim card in the Nokia and  copy all contacts to sim.

:thumbsup: All done now mate Cheers. :smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

the new phone I bought yesterday ( A samsung )

It is highly unlikely that you bought a new Samsung that will not allow you to sign into gmail.  The phone does not have to be "smart" to do that.  It just has to allow you to access a data service.

I am having difficulty accepting that a new, dual sim Samsung of any model will not do that.  BUT I do not have difficulty believing that our Jack cannot or will not figure it out :7500:.  Maybe get TM to do it for you :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is highly unlikely that you bought a new Samsung that will not allow you to sign into gmail.  The phone does not have to be "smart" to do that.  It just has to allow you to access a data service.

I am having difficulty accepting that a new, dual sim Samsung of any model will not do that.  BUT I do not have difficulty believing that our Jack cannot or will not figure it out :7500:.  Maybe get TM to do it for you :hystery:

Yeah, Yeah ok,  so she got up and did it. But then, I am not afraid to Admit my failings. I would have got there after I got the other niggles sorted. LIKE I just found I can get Facebook and even send Emails so I would have realized in the end, that if I can get them I MUST be able to send them but like most things, It all takes time EH?

But in the Interest of the Continuing Humour of my new Toy;

Bart and living.gif or maybe lines (Bart).jpg

You have to click on Full size to read properly, sorry

Edited by Jack Peterson
sfeer craziness
  • Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: All done now mate Cheers. :smile:

Glad you got it sorted.

On a similar note, I recently updated the OS on my iPhone 4s and since then all my contacts in my phone have lost their names. I am left with a phone full of anonymous contact numbers. Even saved SMS messages have lost the names of sender/recipient, leaving just anonymous numbers.

Has anyone else experienced this and any suggestions for restoring the names to numbers?

I have the numbers recorded in a book but it will be a real pain to have to enter them all manually again!

Grrrrr! :(

Ken

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I might be wrong but if both phones have bluetooth you can pair them and transfer numbers/contacts. 

• Like 1