Middle age spread

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the Ph I eat like a pig, don't exercise, drink as much as I like, and I don't gain an ounce. In fact, my clothes feel somewhat looser by the time I return.

But in the US, if I don't go to the gym every day and hold off on what I eat it will go up.

I don't know what it is.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Actually, its just a joke. When ones waistline grows to 40 plus inches and their age is 40 plus. 

I don't suppose you've heard of the Mile High Club, either. 

Who's done the mile high club then, 

I have not ,and trying to get my gut in there and another person ,well it will never happen for me.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Steve,

I don't have a weight problem, eat what I like, when I like, just worry myself sick, the weight falls off! :hystery:

They say weight comes with contentment, most overweight people seem quite happy as they are.

One of my friends loves to eat, looks nine month's pregnant, yet he is a work horse, smokes but doesn't

drink alcohol. If it's in your genes not much you can do other than take everything in moderation.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

Who's done the mile high club then, 

I have not ,and trying to get my gut in there and another person ,well it will never happen for me.

Neither have I.

I'm not that horny and so I'll just remain in my seat and hope no one is doing the Mile High thing when I have to go.

As for weight gain yes, I have gained some and have added a couple of inches since my youth but not overweight for my height. I think its normal to gain some weight as we age. I'm ok with it.

Edited by Gratefuled

robert k
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Neither have I.

I'm not that horny and so I'll just remain in my seat and hope no one is doing the Mile High thing when I have to go.

As for weight gain yes, I have gained some and have added a couple of inches since my youth but not overweight for my height. I think its normal to gain some weight as we age. I'm ok with it.

Visit Boulder Colorado and you can join the mile high club without getting on a plane. Elevation 5,430 feet.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, robert k said:

Visit Boulder Colorado and you can join the mile high club without getting on a plane. Elevation 5,430 feet.

I agree and the better reason to visit Boulder Colorado. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

Middle age spread is this a medical term or is it just a fat  person.

Over the last few years  have seen my weight go up and come down , it comes down usually after a few weeks in the Philippines.

Yesterday i noticed on a picture that was taken my belly has grown again , I exercise , i eat well yes i am a bugger for biscuits but am i wasting my time to try to stay slim and exercise or just get on with life being happy with my fat belly.

'Middle aged spread' is a polite way of saying you are becoming a fat arse!!!

• Like 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Low T !  LOL.  ...seriously though middle age spread is often directly related since the low  T happens to all of us.  Another thing worth checking out if want to keep it down or off is "4 Hour Body"....same guy who wrote the "4 Hour Work Week", etc...Google it as all sorts of blogs and info out there.   Book title is actually more about the workout which was basically the super high intensity weight training routine by Arthur Jones (creator of Nautilus equipment) and his experiments w/ Casey Viator and the Mentzer brothers of 70s-80s bodybuilding fame, but what took off and made it best seller on it is the Diet, which is sort of low carb with lots of beans as replacement and red wine every night, But a eat & drink all you want cheat day every week.   I can tell you It Works....have used it and seen others really use it longer term.   Easy to drop 20 or more and keep it off, esp the trunk/belly fat.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A lot of it is to do with the fact that when you get older your metabolism slows down.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Reboot said:

In the Ph I eat like a pig, don't exercise, drink as much as I like, and I don't gain an ounce. In fact, my clothes feel somewhat looser by the time I return.

But in the US, if I don't go to the gym every day and hold off on what I eat it will go up.

I don't know what it is.

What is it you are eating here vs there, must be different?