Philippine Retirement Authority

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Hi All

I heard on ABS CBN today about the Philippine Retirement Authority, designed to assist with the entry of Overseas retirees into the Philippines. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this department or maybe even used them. Seem to be a lot of services and support on offer.

Interested to hear any feedback or experiences.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/retiree_services?page=1

Paul

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Hi All

I heard on ABS CBN today about the Philippine Retirement Authority, designed to assist with the entry of Overseas retirees into the Philippines. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this department or maybe even used them. Seem to be a lot of services and support on offer.

Paul

There are several members on the SRRV Visa which is obtained through the PRA (1st tab in your link for more information). I can't help much more than that, while I have considered going that route, I have not personally don so yet.

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

AlwaysRt

i have my ACR Card for residency but was just wondering about the other series on offer.

Paul

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, PaulB said:

AlwaysRt

i have my ACR Card for residency but was just wondering about the other series on offer.

Paul

What Visa are you here on now? How long do you currently plan to stay? What are you referring to by 'series'?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, PaulB said:

Hi All

Paul

Been running for a long time. From my understanding you get a case manager who works with you. Most info is on the website to get you started and go from there. No not talking from experience and just what info I have gathered over the years. :thumbsup:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Before moving over here I was applying with PRA.  It has some nice benefits, but when I got to the part of the application where I had to deposit $20,000 I just could not pull the trigger.  I know you can use it for a condo investment... but that was just too much money to tie up.  (the amount varies by age and circumstances)

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Before moving over here I was applying with PRA.  It has some nice benefits, but when I got to the part of the application where I had to deposit $20,000 I just could not pull the trigger.  I know you can use it for a condo investment... but that was just too much money to tie up.  (the amount varies by age and circumstances)

I had exactly the same experience and thoughts, was going to apply how ever $20K can buy a heap of tourist visa renewals.....

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Did I hear right that SRRV people pay $300 USD a year? Plus $1400 USD for combined application and case worker fees? Then have to deposit the X0,000 USD required in the time account?

Is not the tourist visa and ACR-I Card about $400 a year, sans express lane fees? Which of course would also require a trip out of the country every 3 years which could range from the trip you were taking to your country of origin anyway...or a cheap flight to HK or KL?

The SRRV may be a great deal if you use most or all of the benefits, I just don't think I would use enough of them. The $1,400 USD application cost would pay for several trips out of the country to the cheapest destination...every 3 years. 

I have heard one person who had to leave suddenly to go back to their country of origin for medical reasons have had hell getting their deposit back.

Just questions I have and points to ponder.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have said this in other posts but it bears repeating.  One of my friends came here as a Jehovah's Witness and was preaching on the boulevard for a while, and yet he was paying for a tourist Visa.  I asked him if he realized that missionaries and members of a charitable NGO who are here to do "good works" get the cheapest visa available.  If anyone reads this and is in that situation, check it out before deciding.  Here are the appropriate GAQ pages from BI to see if you qualify and what it costs.  If this describes you, better to spend your cash on good works than on visas. Read all the way through as there is also info for other kinds of visas but the info on missionary visas IS in these two links.  

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/accreditation/missionary-or-non-profit-organization

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/pre-arranged-employee-visa

• Like 2