Transitioning to a Philippines Retirement

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Bows, perfectly normal and prudent to have some anxiety after working 31 years. This is a huge change, a huge change for the better! Steve and I are going through the same thing but you are farther ahead of us. Having a very well paid job is not easy to walk away from.

Has your company a retirement class? If not for sure there are some available most deal with the financial aspect but also doubts you may have too.

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I never had any doubt, but then again all I wanted to do after high school was retire.

I guess I was lucky to have never really had a comfort zone.  I have always had a wander lust, and fell in love with Asia in my Navy days.  I quit work at 48 (5 years ago) and I am still a year and a half from retirement.  I have never regretted it. I sold my house and gave away my car with no second thoughts.  My dad warned me to never retire because I would be bored. I laughed and said that he was bored - I would not be.  But he identified himself by his job, I never did. Work paid for my life, it was never more than a means to an end for me.

Your mileage may vary  :tiphat:

That could have been written by me :thumbsup:

• Like 1