Interesting today at Davao BI

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is indeed good news.  Makes me think, if I had back the 1,000 pesos express fees from every 2 month extension for 10 years (60K pesos) then it would be me driving a brand new motorcycle instead of the workers at BI :hystery:

• Like 5

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

I have a few "old person" difficulties and travel is hard but I would have been happy to make another trip to BI to claim my passport to save p1000.

So I wonder if keeping a passport a few days is a office choice or a officer choice or just a decision made based on how busy at that moment?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ducecoop said:

So I wonder if keeping a passport a few days is a office choice or a officer choice or just a decision made based on how busy at that moment?

I would guess the offices that are least busy would do it there and then as I cant see any reason why they couldn't. My last receipt shows no express lane fee. 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, ducecoop said:

Last time in Dumaguete it was 'come back tomorrow' as had been 'normal' there for me (sometimes if getting there early enough it was come back after 3pm).

Yesterday (Tuesday) in Duma it was 'come back Monday' so the delay seems to be catching on.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Last time in Dumaguete it was 'come back tomorrow'

There was a time, in the not too distant past, when Dumaguete would ask you to pick up your passport in 3 or 4 days because they were quite busy (with the ARP if I remember and YES they still charged express fee) so I would just leave the passport there for 6 weeks and come back in time to pick it up and do the next renewal.  I figured it was as safe there for 6 weeks as it was for a few days and if got lost I could blame them.  :whistling:  They never made any comment about it except to say they had difficulty finding it and I told them I could not get back in for a few weeks so it may be at the back of the box somewhere and then they did the "AHA" and found it easy.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3