Overcharging in bars shops restaurants.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

Are you saying they are making 'errors' when adding up the bill or actually charging excessive prices for goods ordered?

Not overcharging per-say Ron but on both Dave's occasions it was plainly adding beers to someone's Tab. To me I think the Waitress concerned Yesterday had either a Customer do a Runner or not charged enough when they paid their bill and then sort to make up the Difference from Dave, We were all keeping a fairly tight hold on our own Quantity as we were on separate Bills but this unfortunate young Lady got caught out by inserting the cost off a beer that was never ever served at our Table :huh:

Jack:89:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think she was trying to get a bigger tip but she ended up without one as I don`t like people trying to take me for a fool.

While this might be true Sonj, I kan well believe it. I think it is a Philippine phenomena. Where I live there are a lot of buisnesses lining the street. It is always good for free entertainment watching the owners run up and down the street to each other seeing if any have change for 500

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Seems simple enough.  Fill your pockets.

True enough, and I've been overly negative. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, scott h said:

It is always good for free entertainment watching the owners run up and down the street to each other seeing if any have change for 500

YET the locals will tell you, NO Budget yet they shop or eat in Sori Sori type places  paying with with a 500 noteScratching Head.jpg

Something we (Foreigners) have learned not to do

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

We had lunch once at Grab A Crab. I ordered special drinks for us from the menu. When we got the bill, I noticed that the charge for the drinks was quite a bit more than the menu price. I told the waiter that I wasn't going to pay it. He said the drinks are made by a separate service and they had not changed the price on the menu. He said that if I don't pay, they will charge him for the drinks. I paid but gave the ones who made the drinks the "finger". They looked mad but I didn't  care. We never returned even tho I like the food there.

Edited by Gratefuled
spellcheck
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

We had lunch once at Grab A Crab. I ordered special drinks for us from the menu. When we got the bill, I noticed that the charge for the drinks was quite a bit more than the menu price. I told the waiter that I wasn't going to pay it. He said the drinks are made by a separate service and they had not changed the price on the menu. He said that if I don't pay, they will charge him for the drinks. I paid but gave the ones who made the drinks the "finger". They looked mad but I didn't  care. We never returned even tho I like the food there.

Have they got a Facebook page? If so perhaps you would share your thoughts?:571b119686cf7_1(72):

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Sometimes Ed the only thing we can do is vote with our feet.It does not seem to sink that foreigners are not stupid and don`t like anybody trying to overcharge them.Out of all these instances some of them cannot  be mistakes.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Have they got a Facebook page? If perhaps you would share your thoughts

I don't know and I do not use Facebook but I did share my thoughts here. 

• Like 2