Overcharging in bars shops restaurants.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

@ those prices $20 for a couple of drinks..Why try and rip you off?

No Gerald, you have misread my post, it was the short changing of my 1000bht that I paid my 135bht bill. She gave me change only of 500bht.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, mogo51 said:

No Gerald, you have misread my post, it was the short changing of my 1000bht that I paid my 135bht bill. She gave me change only of 500bht.

Glad you straightened that out.........now you can get the next round  :7500:

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Glad you straightened that out.........now you can get the next round  :7500:

A pleasure, just let me know when you are heading for La Union, Nth Luzon.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, mogo51 said:

A pleasure, just let me know when you are heading for La Union, Nth Luzon.

ty or if you get to balamban

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Hasn't really happened to me here, but in Hong Kong the Happy Hours were a lottery. Main problem was it didn't apply to all drinks, and it was not marked which drinks on the menu a lot of the time. Admittedly this was mostly in the tourist areas. 

Reminds me of one time there i ordered a beer maybe 2 or 3 minutes before happy hour finished. When it came to paying time I was charged full price because the barmaid processed the order through the till after happy hour ended. No point in arguing in such a situation when you're out with colleagues and don't want to appear stingy. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 6/16/2017 at 8:21 AM, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Fortunately for us over the past 4 years, we have experienced only two or three bill errors. But, just the same, my filipina wife grabs the bill when presented, looks it over, gets it corrected without much effort.

Also, when I was still fairly new here, she would tell me I was too generous with the tip. These days, I let her decide on the amount - and I'm usually fine with it.

We were just out to eat a week or so ago and actually finished before our friend fought her way through the traffic to reach us. She sat with us, ordered and ate and volunteered to pay the tab for us all. So of course, she left P20 (reasonable for her order). Without her seeing, I slipped two P10 coins on the pay tray only to find my wife looking at me. She broke into a smile, so I knew it was ok. I ALWAYS tip too much. :smile:

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

This is a great topic. My wife handles the money, especially when we're out. There's not much overcharging in Davao but with my wife's eagle eye on the bill when it comes, it's down to -0-.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Overcharged again in Flip Flops.

Understandable this time, sort of.  There were 3 "Daves" at the table and each one had a separate bill labelled Dave.  I was the last one to leave so I got stuck with a couple of items that other Daves had ordered.  I had been drinking only tonic water that evening so it was easy to explain that anything other than tonic water should not be on my bill.  They corrected it, but you really have to watch them.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Overcharged again in Flip Flops.

Understandable this time, sort of.  There were 3 "Daves" at the table and each one had a separate bill labelled Dave.  I was the last one to leave so I got stuck with a couple of items that other Daves had ordered.  I had been drinking only tonic water that evening so it was easy to explain that anything other than tonic water should not be on my bill.  They corrected it, but you really have to watch them.

"Tonic water" is that a new craft beer? Kinda like going to the Library (Bar)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
jman
Posted
Posted

make them thier own faceboopage