Hey Joe

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

All you expats from around the globe you all get HEY JOE or AMERICARNO..just when i reply back in aussie slang think that stumps em 

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Whenever I am called a "Kano", I ask them how they knew I was "Kanadian"...  The strange looks I get...  :89::mocking:

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

only ever experienced the "hey joe' when was in Bacolod once, was on public bus going to 11 falls.............. I kept looking around thinking who the hell is this Joe guy!

• Like 4

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

Mike all the places ive been never a Kano must be in different provinces ...mostly hey joe ,here in samar its a big one..Leyte was the first time ridding a bike to some falls like steve said i looked at the girl said whos Joe ...suspose kinda nice in a place people dont see a tourist much.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

My wife and I were walking one day and a little boy spotted us.  He then ran for his nipa house while shouting something in Visayan.  My wife laughed as she translated it for me.  "Mommy, mommy, I just saw a Kano." :mocking:

Something similar happened to me last weekend at the beach. To giggling little boys running past "uno kano." I turned and looked and they laughed and ran away.

Haven't been called "Joe" yet, and other than the boys, no "kano" either.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I get it often around here, I usually just smile or wave if from a passing vehicle. When I first came here my instinctual reply to " Hey Joe " was " where are you going with that gun in your hand? " but it was lost on them so I gave up!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, SNAFU said:

but I take it as a term of endearment. Kano, too.

I agree with you 100%.  I could never understand why some people get upset about it. :89:

• Like 5