Do you still eat Western food?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Plus, after all, most Filipinos do seem to love eating fish and fried potatoes... so maybe (just maybe?) they would like to get a chance to eat both of them (by hand) from the same plate?

For Fish and Chips you are living in the wrong place, For Instance, we have quite a few Bars, Restos and English/European Run places that do fantastic Fish and Chips ( Dumaguete Area) If I was so moved (and I am thinking this) I guess this would be a venture I may tryfish and chips.jpg BUT and there is always a but a Constant supply of the Fish that is best may be the problem BUT............ I am making the round of inquires believe me. :whistling: 

• Like 3

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I had a cheeseburger with fries at Tequila Reef and a mango drink.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Only been here a little over a year so still like my western food.  We made Shepherds Pie today.  But I do like many local dishes also but prefer my wife's cooking.  She picks better cuts of meat and trims the fat the way I like.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

For Fish and Chips you are living in the wrong place, For Instance, we have quite a few Bars, Restos and English/European Run places that do fantastic Fish and Chips ( Dumaguete Area) If I was so moved (and I am thinking this) I guess this would be a venture I may tryfish and chips.jpg BUT and there is always a but a Constant supply of the Fish that is best may be the problem BUT............ I am making the round of inquires believe me. :whistling: 

Well I'd be a customer. Love fish and chips. Don't know how it is elsewhere but in the US it's either Halibut or cod. I pay the extra for halibut. I've even gotten my wife to like it also.

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

what I like when eating at Gerry's Grill is the fried fish fillets from the starter menu with added french fries, makes a passable fish n chips.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The best fish and chips I ever had was many years ago in Warrington, UK as we were waiting to get tickets for Australia v Warrington, on a football trip.

One of our former club players was playing for Warrington Ray Price, who was one of the best players I have ever seen.  The fish & Chips were amazing.

Here in Thailand, you can only get fresh water or 'harvested' fish which has no texture or taste. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Mooon cafe here in Dumaguete does nice Fish but it comes with real mashed potatoes.There was a British shop that did real British fish abnd chips but sadly it closed.A good fish here is Dorado that cooks up quite well.I buy pure fish nuggets they are very good.

• Like 1