U.S. Citizens - FBAR Filing Due Date

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Just a heads up in case it will help someone.

I filed my FBAR for 2016 today and was surprised to see that it was due April 15th, the same as taxes.  Previously it was due June 30th, since inception.  They changed it to coincide with the tax due date.

However, they also granted an automatic extension until October 15 if you missed the April 15 deadline.  You don't have to do anything to get the extension.  That might be only for this year.

So, if you still need to file a 2016 FBAR, get it done and then next year get it done by April.

I'm just doing my taxes now because it took some time to get my baby daughter's SSN.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm just doing my taxes now because it took some time to get my baby daughter's SSN.

Another tax deduction.  Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

So basically we need to file the FBAR or we will be FUBAR. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I sure don't miss filing taxes.  When I retire, in a couple years I will have to start paying again... this being a beach bum is great :tiphat:

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

When I retire, in a couple years I will have to start paying again.

Tim, Just follow OMY and have a few more deductions.  Problem solved, no paying,...taxes anyway.:hystery:

Edited by intrepid
additional info
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, intrepid said:

Tim, Just follow OMY and have a few more deductions.  Problem solved, no paying,...taxes anyway.:hystery:

And an apparent Soc Security "bonus" for some as well.  When we hit that point in about 4 yrs, going straight into a college fund.

• Like 1