Is Chocolate.....chocolate in the PI's?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Main Problem is Logistics Chocolate does not Travel well and it needs to be put up for sale Quickly. I notice that Ron (Mogo) shops at Aldi. now they have a good Supply Chain and have it seems, mastered the logistics BUT that is in Thailand where they may not suffer the Silliness of Customs on Food Products :smile:

BTW that is why we don't get Draught Guinness. 1. It does not Travel well  2. If left too long in Customs (And it would I think) it would settle too much and for Guinness that is not Good.:huh:

Jack:mellow:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not knowing about the fine differences in Cadbury chocolate here, but it all tastes good to me and also the way I remember it tasting in the States. Hershey's chocolate bars and Snickers M&Ms all taste different to me here because a lot are manufactured in China it seems. The taste is really sweeter and flatter than the imported brands. That's why when in S&R I really like to splurge on imported chocolate from the US and Europe.  I'm a candy freak, so it's a thrill to find not just a lot of different brands of chocolate, but candy orange slices, Almond Roca, and the caramel bulls eye candy and sometimes licorice. Cost wise I can only buy within my budget, but it's fun to choose my favorites within reason of course.:mocking:

We used to bring a lot of chocolate bars with us during visits to share with family and friends, but I think that the differences were not obvious to them. They just liked the "smell" of the packaging and the idea of being remembered.:smile:

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Cadburys chocolate in Oz is not all that great.  When I go over, I get chocolate from Aldi Store which is not only cheaper but WAY better - imported from Germany/Belguim

Aldi chocolate is also my favourite

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Best I have found, occasionally at Robinsons in the Mall in Duma is Ritter Sport. Usually at the end of the isle when they have it in stock. 1st became a fan of Ritter Sport in Kaiserslautern in 1984, it is still good.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

Best I have found, occasionally at Robinsons in the Mall in Duma is Ritter Sport. Usually at the end of the isle when they have it in stock. 1st became a fan of Ritter Sport in Kaiserslautern in 1984, it is still good.

Agree.png But can be so damned expensive

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I love the Ritter dark chocolate mint bars.. I've gotten those at SM Hypermarket in Mandaue..

• Like 2