Which passport

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

advice

Advice is worth exactly what your paying for it heh heh.

When we travel my wife leaves the country on her Filipino passport, to avoid paying an exit fee or having to explain why she doesn't have an exit clearance. On entering the states she uses her USA passport for ease of possessing. Leaves the states on USA passport and reenters the Philippines on her Filipino passport.

That's what she does and I am not going to argue with her.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

As many of us have found out sometimes the policies and procedures of the government can be confusing.  :89: 

Now here is a Question we should be asking, Will she be entitled/have permission. to Fundraise on her Filipino Passport? if not then I say go the full Monty on her US passport to save any problems.

Jack:smile:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now here is a Question we should be asking, Will she be entitled/have permission. to Fundraise on her Filipino Passport? if not then I say go the full Monty on her US passport to save any problems.

Jack:smile:

Morning All :photo-109:

She is a US citizen, raising funds in the US.  What would the Filipino passport have to do with that?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

She is a US citizen, raising funds in the US.  What would the Filipino passport have to do with that?

:huh:Because the whole Topic is about Which passport to use :smile:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Seems to me there is no choice on the US side. Philippine passport + no Visa = no US entry. And not so much of a choice on the Philippine side. US passport = tourist Visa, why bother with that when you don't have to? 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/19/2017 at 4:30 PM, Mike J said:

We are looking for advice on which passport would be the better choice for travel.

It gives me pause to ask a question:  If the trip is, for example, Cebu to HKG to LAX and you use a Philippine passport to board the plane in Cebu and the US passport to board the plane in HKG would anyone even know or care?

Note:  This is because you do not have to exit customs in HKG if just changing planes.  If you enter through HKG immigration on the Philippine passport they would question it if you left on an American passport because their computer shows no evidence of you having arrived.  Plus you may never be allowed back in HKG as their computer would show a Philippine passport arriving and not leaving within the required time limit (= overstay and blacklist)

Just some ramblings of my overly curious mind.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

it gives me pause to ask a question:  If the trip is, for example, Cebu to HKG to LAX and you use a Philippine passport to board the plane in Cebu and the US passport to board the plane in HKG would anyone even know or care?

Actually, this is what is done.  My kids did it CRK-SEL-LAX.  In SEL we just show the US passport to board the flight to LAX.  PH passport won't really be used again until the flight back, SEL to CRK.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

My son is a duel citizen. He will leave Europe with hes Estonian passport and enter HK and Philippines with hes Filipino passport (wife will be with him and ill come later). On our way back he will exit with hes Filipino passport and enter Japan and Europe with hes Estonian passport (Japan is visa Free for most Europeans). Shouldnt be a problem aslong as we have both passports with us.

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

My wife and child has dual Ph. U.S. citizenship. when we exit the Ph. she present both passports. Arriving in US present US passport only. Exiting US, US passport only. Arriving in Ph. she shows both passports. 

• Like 2