Which passport

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mr-T said:

Arriving in Ph. she shows both passports. 

Hm Ok this I can Understand But What if you are not a 13a, Your Status will be of Concern Yes? and Entering as a Tourist, surely she will need to Enter on a Fil passport to avail a BB Stamp for you?

After 9 years I think you said, I am sure you will be resident but my thoughts were for those not Resident and need the wife there for the Stamp? She surely can only Enter on one or the Other Depending what happens after. 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
It was a question not a statement
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

surely she will need to Enter on a Fil passport to avail a BB Stamp for you

Can I ask where you are getting that information as I have read, many times, that 'former' Philippine citizens can get a BB for self and family even on the passport of a foreign country.  But I don't feel like researching to confirm it so I am asking you :shades:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hm Ok this I can Understand But What if you are not a 13a, Your Status will be of Concern Yes? and Entering as a Tourist, surely she will need to Enter on a Fil passport to avail a BB Stamp for you.

No this is not correct.  Any citizen whether current for former, is allowed as well as their spouse and children, to the BB stamp.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, intrepid said:

13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

But What if you are not a 13a, Your Status will be of Concern Yes? and Entering as a Tourist, surely she will need to Enter on a Fil passport to avail a BB Stamp for you.

No this is not correct.  Any citizen whether current for former, is allowed as well as their spouse and children, to the BB stamp.

It was a Question not a statement

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can I ask where you are getting that information as I have read, many times, that 'former' Philippine citizens can get a BB for self and family even on the passport of a foreign country.  But I don't feel like researching to confirm it so I am asking you :shades:

As my Post  earlier, it was a Question not a Statement

• Like 2

Mr-T
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hm Ok this I can Understand But What if you are not a 13a, Your Status will be of Concern Yes? and Entering as a Tourist, surely she will need to Enter on a Fil passport to avail a BB Stamp for you.

After 9 years I think you said, I am sure you will be resident but my thoughts were for those not Resident and need the wife there for the Stamp? She surely can only Enter on one or the Other Depending what happens after. 

Believe it or not i still do the balikbayan thing. Just went to Thailand last week. Will be applying for the 13A. soon. Just neglect to do so. Entering at NAIA she showed both PP. and the agent stamp both. Stamped the BB in mine.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

It was a Question not a statement

So what you are trying to say is, when you stated your question, it was a question not a statement? LOL

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

As my Post  earlier, it was a Question not a Statement

Fixed it for ya :thumbsup: I changed the full stop to a question mark.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

So what you are trying to say is, when you stated your question, it was a question not a statement? LOL

No steve, I am not trying to say anything I AM saying that even without Dave's Punctuation and Thank you.jpg for that Young man, On rereading the Post, it is not Too difficult to see that It was meant to be a Question not a Statement, so a heartfelt middle finger.png to those that can't see it, although others could and have  commented either in words or Likes:hystery:

HOWEVER, there is a Serious side to this. The Actual Law on the BB quite clearly States ( those that are affected can read up on this, I'm not, so I shan't Bother) That the Spouse shall have been absent from the Philippines for at least 1 (one ) year between Stamps. Now this has been Relaxed for many years and has been a come as you like issue by all BUT It is my impression/opinion that since the BI are now Losing Money on No Fast lane payments and the general messing about they are causing they may well go back to the Law Rigid and make those with a spouse who has not been away 1 year enter on a 9a status and therefore obtain extension payments and just cause more Havoc in the rigid re-implementation of the BB law via the Tourist Department.

SO my friends Piss take or not, can you all see why I asked the Question?  :shades:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

No steve, I am not trying to say anything

Sorry, read so many question questions I couldn't resist piling on - all in jest I am sure you know.

1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

HOWEVER, there is a Serious side to this. The Actual Law on the BB quite clearly States ( those that are affected can read up on this, I'm not, so I shan't Bother) That the Spouse shall have been absent from the Philippines for at least 1 (one ) year between Stamps. Now this has been Relaxed for many years and has been a come as you like issue by all BUT It is my impression/opinion that since the BI are now Losing Money on No Fast lane payments and the general messing about they are causing they may well go back to the Law Rigid and make those with a spouse who has not been away 1 year enter on a 9a status and therefore obtain extension payments and just cause more Havoc in the rigid re-implementation of the BB law via the Tourist Department.

Very good point and reminder that this is the Philippines, just because one official does or allows something does not mean all will, just because they have been doing something (relaxed BB rules) doesn't mean it will continue forever.

For example, try this coming week dropping off your passport at the BI for a tourist extension, go to PhilHealth and pay your annual p2,400, then pickup your passport with stamp on the way home... not gonna happen anymore.

The only rule that doesn't change is the rule that everything changes.

• Like 1