Which passport

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Actual Law on the BB quite clearly States

1. Who are eligible under Balikbayan Program?

a. A Balikbayan, who may be either one of the following:

i.   A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year;

ii.  A Filipino overseas worker;

iii. A former Filipino citizen and his family who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines.

b. Immediate family members (spouse and children) of the Balikbayan, who are nationals of countries falling under EO 408, travelling together with the Balikbayan.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-previlege

There was also a memorandum of clarification issued some time ago that I cannot be bothered to find that says the period of one year is not mandatory.  I can't be bothered to look it up as it does not apply to me but I have seen it so if someone needs the letter I suppose I could help search for it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Who are eligible under Balikbayan Program?

Ah! Ok so now we know BUT as we have said Before do they ( Know, ( BI at the Airport)?

We all know that it only takes a BI Officer in a bad mood to upset tables & ruin everyones day, so for me  I will be moving on.png Kin good job Thomas is not around EH?

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Kin good job Thomas is not around EH?

We will never forget him. If you are driving around and see an ugly house down a long lane in the middle of nowhere, it may be Tom's place.

• Like 1