Its so hot

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here in England summer is here and its hot, 30 degrees and its hot

Yes we should not be i the city waking and looking at the sites but we are on holiday.

This got me wondering with such a difference from month to month living here we are not use to it being so hot anymore.

So with the heat over there how do you cope and have you got us to it o you dont even think about the heat anymore

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What make it 10x worst in the Philippines is the 90-100% humidity. Here in the UK we may be seeing 30-32 but with about 40% humidity.

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Some Zen for you:

A monk asked Tozan “How can we escape the cold and heat?”

Tozan replied, “Why not go where there is no cold and heat?”

“Is there such a place?” the monk asked.

Tozan commented, “When cold, be thoroughly cold; when hot, be hot through and through.”

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It has been warmer here in Subic since we returned from the US, but the nights have not been bad and this week the morning lows are predicted to be a balmy 21c!

I have never been to Death Valley in the U.S. despite living in California for half my life.  On our trip, I originally planned to go through there in mid-May, but I could not work it out.  The weather was unseasonably cool in May, but look at it now!  It was 52 Saturday and might hit 54 Tuesday!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/nevada/articles/2017-06-18/tourists-descend-as-temperatures-climb-in-death-valley

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Aah the Philippines and the heat, even when its pouring down its still hot!

But whats better than sitting back in my rocking chair overlooking the bay

Drinking a nice ice cold beer ! Never again having to go to work at 6.30am

On a cold frosty morning , or having to walk through snow up to my knees.

I feel sorry for those back in the UK🍺

Don't see the difference really, some time between 5:30 qne 6:30 I still wake up raise the seat and go.  Even if it's 5 o'clock somewhere 6:30 AM seems a bit early for beer (unless it's St. Pats) and with the global warming we really don't get that much snow, even less as I'm living in southwest Florida now. I love the fil when it is very hot I walk to cool off, I sweat.  This is how man was engineered, and I do my best to make sure that my sweat box stays full thus sitting back in the chair a consuming vast quantities of liquids is required. So, although we agree on the chair and consumption of adult beverages, we should not feel sympathy for those i the UK (Steve) nor my friends in the northern climes anywhere.  As my wise old friend Vaughn would say Everyone has to be Somewhere (he is in heaven) now anyone choosing to stay in such barbaric conditions have their own IDIOTsincroces (I do,Ido).  We are soon looking forward to returning to Cebu building our hovel  (keep it simple and too small for company)

My friends here in the US and probably yours in UK will feel sorry for us as they pay way, way too much for their beers and walk through that half frozen slush, dirty and blacked by exhaust and traffic, to get home to shovel the stuff off their sidewalk and get the flu and heart attacks and tell each other how foolish we are for sitting in the sun (or warm rain).  

Edited by Gerald Glatt
  • Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gerald Glatt said:

As my wise old friend Vaughn would say Everyone has to be Somewhere (he is in heaven) now anyone choosing to stay in such barbaric conditions have their own IDIOTsincroces (

He was wise indeed. If he wasn't, he would be in a much hotter place than the Philippines. 

I consider my time in the Philippines my "Purgatory". I'm paying my dues now. 

Hoping that I don't have a lot of dues. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Typical conversation here in the Philippines

Pinoy: How do you find it here in the Philippines?

Expat: I love it

Pinoy: But its so HOT here!

Expat: That's why God invented Air Con :thumbsup:

Pinoy: :huh-huh:

Expat: :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4