Its so hot

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I had to look that up!  Very remote and hot too!

Trona?  I thought he was a local from Toronto as that is how they pronounce it.  Do you mean its an actual place?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which reminds me, that it is time to get ours Cleaned as it is struggling a little at 18c "WOW" where did that 3 months go ( I have this one done 4 times a year, due to the Dust in the Area) :huh:

Yes Jack--I suppose we're due for a cleaning too. I 've been taking out the filter and washing it under running about every ten days lately, because it seems a lot of tree pollen wafts in and gets caught by the filter.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

Yes Jack--I suppose we're due for a cleaning too. I 've been taking out the filter and washing it under running about every ten days lately, because it seems a lot of tree pollen wafts in and gets caught by the filter.

We do our Filters weekly now but the main problem is the Fan Blades. This we can't do

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Trona?  I thought he was a local from Toronto as that is how they pronounce it.  Do you mean its an actual place?

Look it up.  They don't have ants and cockroaches there.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

I lived around Trona.

They made a movie about TRONA. 

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

I like others think you do acclimatise to the Pi weather to a certain extent........... I for one can sleep with a fan at night as had to in early days staying in the in laws home.  However now with AC I know what i prefer............

been in middle east for ten years so do get used to the heat........its the humidity that destroys me!!!

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Not a big sunglasses wearer but I believe you can trick your body into thinking it is cooler if the light hitting your eyes is not as fierce, the same way you can make a person at night wide awake with full spectrum light. I've only actually seen one foreigner, man use a parasol but I'm sure it would help. Carry your shade with you.

I didn't know any people who did but I'm sure some people just live a nocturnal existence.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just forgot the E like in PATATOE

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, robert k said:

Not a big sunglasses wearer but I believe you can trick your body into thinking it is cooler if the light hitting your eyes is not as fierce, the same way you can make a person at night wide awake with full spectrum light. I've only actually seen one foreigner, man use a parasol but I'm sure it would help. Carry your shade with you.

I didn't know any people who did but I'm sure some people just live a nocturnal existence.

I have carried my shade for years...........got it from a haberdashery......first good one was a Tilly.... but I really like Akubra. 

Looks cool at night too..like your sunglasses.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, robert k said:

It has a beauty all it's own though, the china lakes, sidewinder migrations. I actually spotted some silver, not in producible quantities though.

I like the desert but would not like to live there. We used to go riding the sand dunes there. We've been camping at  Big Rocks, visited Hidden Valley and the old silver town  of Calico. Then there's the Arizona Desert which has its own beauty. We camped out at the top of The Grand Canyon among the pines with the Colorado River a mile below us. 

• Like 3