Its so hot

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2017 at 5:37 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Funny you know, I came from Queensland where there is humidity and here does not bother me much but I belive Perth is a dry heat and scorching hot. Would prefer sweating it out rather than burning. 

I find the opposite is true for me. Flew from Heathrow to Phoenix many years ago. London was a miserable 18c, thick sticky air, shirt completly soaked from the humidity. Phoenix was noticeably warmer, about 44c when I landed, the thin crisp air was much easier to breathe and stayed dry from instant evaporation, was much more comfortable. 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I find the opposite is true for me. Flew from Heathrow to Phoenix many years ago. London was a miserable 18c, thick sticky air, shirt completly soaked from the humidity. Phoenix was noticeably warmer, about 44c when I landed, the thin crisp air was much easier to breathe and stayed dry from instant evaporation, was much more comfortable. 

That is why many people retire in Arizona...they like to be able to breathe. In HHH (hot, hazy, humid) conditions, medical alerts advise to stay indoors.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jpbago said:

That is why many people retire in Arizona...they like to be able to breathe. In HHH (hot, hazy, humid) conditions, medical alerts advise to stay indoors.

Dry or wet 54 is HOT.

As Ed said to Johnie "How hot is it?"

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Dry or wet 54 is HOT.

Yep.

The highest confirmed temperature on Earth recorded according to these measures was 56.7 °C (134.1 °F) in Furnace Creek Ranch, California, located in the Death Valley desert in the United States, on July 10, 1913 . . . . . BUT the reading is in doubt so . . . the highest reliably recorded temperature on Earth is still at Death Valley, but is instead 53.9 °C (129 °F) recorded five times: 20 July 1960, 18 July 1998, 20 July 2005, 7 July 2007, and 30 June 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth

So if the highest reliably recorded temp on Earth is 53.9 then 54 is definitely HOT

EDIT:  It is kinda funny that the temp reached 56.7 in 1913 but the highest it gets to now is 53.9.  Must be that global warming stuff. :hystery:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth

So if the highest reliably recorded temp on Earth is 53.9 then 54 is definitely HOT

EDIT:  It is kinda funny that the temp reached 56.7 in 1913 but the highest it gets to now is 53.9.  Must be that global warming stuff. :hystery:

The 56+ doesn't count because they didn't write it down.........then from '60 on it is just hot constantly. 

Edited by Gerald Glatt

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

How hot is it?  

A short time after I arrived, I wanted to know the daily temperature so I went to Ace Hdw store to buy a thermometer. 

" sorry sir, not available, try medical supply store". 

Not the kind I wanted. 

I found out why no thermometers available. The daily temperature stays pretty consistent and humid. It only fluctuates a few degrees up or down. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2017 at 7:31 AM, mogo51 said:

Us Ozzies call it sweating Kev, Neeehh

Colonials huh no tack.:hystery:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well it's not our fault Kev, you lot sent a heap of criminals to Oz to colonize the joint!!!!

• Like 3