Did He ask for it?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Do we know the cause of death yet, many wouldn't survive a 3rd world jail.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

Do we know the cause of death yet, many wouldn't survive a 3rd world jail.

Especially when being tortured.  As told by another prisoner released earlier.  He didn't witness it so is speculation as to how the dummy got his concussion.

The Chinese continue to support this tyrant.

IMO the donald will soon end the cease fire and unite Korea...right or wrong.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Bin Tried before, can't see it happening in our lifetime. China would get benefit from That I think, so may be we are looking in the wrong Direction.

Jack:89:

Morning All :morning1:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted

Did he ask for it?  NO.   We all did stupid things when we were very young. The way he was treated - requires a strong response from USA.  What the response should be; that's up to President Trump.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

The two Koreas are such different cultures that I have not heard anyone asking for re-unification (perhaps that is because the North Koreans that speak about it get punished by their dear leader.)  But since we are speculating, I can picture someone assisting a "regime change" and keeping the 2 separate countries.  

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

The question is " Did he ask for it?" 

I've wondered about this. Is the tearing down a North Korean banner equal to burning of a USA flag among hot headed Americans ?

Yes and no. US authorities would protect the flag burners right to express himself. Local hot headed Americans might not be so kind.

The brain damage inflicted could be a form of torture such as electrical shock waves to get him to confess to something. If done repeatedly, this could and probably would cause permanent damage to brain cells. 

Remember  the movie with Jack Nicholson, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest"?

Edited by Gratefuled
spell check
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have not heard anyone asking for re-unification

When I was stationed in Korea, I remember talking to a Korean officer, he told me he couldn't wait to reunify with the North so they could fight the real enemy....Japan lolol. This guy was dead serious.

But seriously a lot of S Koreans I have talked to really want to reunify, main reason it will remove the threat of artillery fire right into Seoul, There are a lot of good documentaries on U tube by bbc. pretty eye opening

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

But seriously a lot of S Koreans I have talked to really want to reunify,

You have great points.  I talk to only a few Koreans but those few are concerned about North Koreans coming south to take their jobs in the event of re-unification.  I heard the same fears from Germans before their reunification but they seem to have worked through it just fine.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I heard the same fears from Germans

And don't forget china. They really don't want Unification. 2 reasons, one  they don't want an USA (proxy) on their border but also they do not want millions of poor, starving, uneducated peasants pouring across the border.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You have great points.  I talk to only a few Koreans but those few are concerned about North Koreans coming south to take their jobs in the event of re-unification.  I heard the same fears from Germans before their reunification but they seem to have worked through it just fine.

Dave, you might look up the East German suicide rate after unification.

Going to a 30 hour work week sounds fine to me but as a young man trying to get ahead a 60 hour work week was the ticket.