Landers superstore

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Any one shop at Landers Cebu ? If so what do you think ? 

Gator
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Any one shop at Landers Cebu ? If so what do you think ? 

Never heard of it. Where's it at and what type of goods do they sell?

I have been to Unitop on Ozmena down near Colon St. Fairly large discount department type store with a lot of cheap goods. Good place for housewares. Is Landers anything like it?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Gator said:

Never heard of it. Where's it at and what type of goods do they sell?

I have been to Unitop on Ozmena down near Colon St. Fairly large discount department type store with a lot of cheap goods. Good place for housewares. Is Landers anything like it?

Landers is a membership store like S&R. Cebu opened maybe a month ago. Two locations l believe. 

DavidK
Posted
Posted

There was a topic on this very subject only the other week............

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
banyanman
Posted
Posted

I have a Landers membership card but I've only been to the one in Balintawak, Quezon City. There's quite a few imported products I buy there that I can't find in other parts of QC, and the quality of the meat and fish is good (but Rustan's Marketplace at Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, has a bigger range). Good range of imported wines and spirits. But watch the expiry date on products. I bought some Canadian sliced peaches in glass jars and when I got home found they were nearly expired.  Maybe that's why they were marked down in price? There are some household goods there that I've not seen in other places (I bought a couple of metal outdoor rocking chairs there at a very reasonable price). I bought a bar fridge there too, but it was only 200 pesos cheaper than Ansons. Their New York pizzas in their fast food restaurant are very good. As is the Italian ice cream in the coffee shop. Haven't tried the barber shop yet though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

There was a ironman road race over by S&R in Cebu today, and road access to the store was blocked. I decided to go over to Mabolo and apply for a membership at Landers.  I liked the place--a little less cavernous and seemed a little more upscale. Nice to see that they carried severaal US Badia brand spices, and lots of brands of chicken broth which  is rather hard to find in many places too. My best find so far in Cebu I think was Dunkin Donuts brand Hazelnut ground coffee! Another happy pick was Marshmallow Fluff--original and strawberry flavors! Not as many candy choices as S&R, but decent ones. You now know where my tastes lie.:smile:

Not sure if they had as much  variety to offer compared to S&R, but their offerings were different and good ones. The meat section was great and they had some unique fruits and vegetables. Overall I was pleased, so I'll probably now go back and forth every other month just for a change. The restaurant had rather limited offerings, but the pizza and pasta was good. Nicer seating too, compared to S&R. Can't vouch for their in-house barbershop, but it looked popular.  Membership for the year is 800 pesos, and right now they're having a buy one get one membership sale.

Edited by Queenie O.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2017 at 11:36 PM, banyanman said:

I have a Landers membership card but I've only been to the one in Balintawak, Quezon City. There's quite a few imported products I buy there that I can't find in other parts of QC, and the quality of the meat and fish is good (but Rustan's Marketplace at Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, has a bigger range). Good range of imported wines and spirits. But watch the expiry date on products. I bought some Canadian sliced peaches in glass jars and when I got home found they were nearly expired.  Maybe that's why they were marked down in price? There are some household goods there that I've not seen in other places (I bought a couple of metal outdoor rocking chairs there at a very reasonable price). I bought a bar fridge there too, but it was only 200 pesos cheaper than Ansons. Their New York pizzas in their fast food restaurant are very good. As is the Italian ice cream in the coffee shop. Haven't tried the barber shop yet though.

Expiry dates are only advisable, so I would not be too concerned.