Do Expats Develop an Onion Skin?

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I've always been fairly thick skinned, I'm a scouse so I've had to have been. I have met some expats that have a thin skin, whether they have developed it here or they have always had that tendency is open to debate. 

Some of the posts on the 'Hey Joe' thread are quite revealing regarding this.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

now THAT is something that should be illegal for sure - has to be one of the most addictive foods on the planet! Damn near always eat the whole bag... no matter what size the bag is I CAN"T QUIT :SugarwareZ-047:

Is that why there are none left?

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I feel the same about onion rings.

Which segues to people with onion skins.  Ever notice how some people cannot help themselves, in that they can't quit "eating at" the person with a thin skin.  I have seen some great members on this site who quit over the slightest of "pokes" at their thin skin.  Even unintentional pokes.  And once a member decides to "take his ball and go home" then its useless to try and convince him to come back, it just boosts their ego that they are missed.  Too bad really.  

I have noticed it is quite often the characteristic of a bully to exhibit this behavior. Always ready to jump on and push others but if anyone comes back at them, it is back to 3rd grade and 'im gonna tell my mommy' then going off and hiding in the corner for a good cry. Good riddance, come back when your balls drop and your voice doesn't squeak anymore and you can act like an adult, I say.

*wayyy off topic* Just reminded me of the funniest conversation I heard in London 30 years ago. Was walking down the sidewalk behind a couple blokes heading in the same direction a few minutes when all of the sudden one said "I say, I say", the other looked at him and said "Quite so, Quite so", and that was it. Can anyone explain this conversation I have laughed about for 30 years?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

"I say, I say", the other looked at him and said "Quite so, Quite so", and that was it. Can anyone explain this conversation I have laughed about for 30 years?

Ahh! come on Steve surely Not but OK, You see a really nice Girl Crouching in the Street maybe picking up a hanky or something and showing her Knickers (Panties) under a very short skirt, So the one chap says, I say I say and having seen the other looking but not wanting elaborate further as he had Understood and it looked pleasing to the eye he merely says Quite So, Quite so 

Apologize to our Female members but he Started it :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ahh! come on Steve surely Not but OK, You see a really nice Girl Crouching in the Street maybe picking up a hanky or something and showing her Knickers (Panties) under a very short skirt, So the one chap says, I say I say and having seen the other looking but not wanting elaborate further as he had Understood and it looked pleasing to the eye he merely says Quite So, Quite so 

Apologize to our Female members but he Started it :hystery:

That was my 1st though but I was only 2 steps behind them, especially in my 20s no way I would have missed that. I saw nothing at all worth commenting on, especially in the direction they were looking. :89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

especially in my 20s no way I would have missed that. I saw nothing at all worth commenting on, especially in the direction they were looking. :89:

:hystery: Could have been a TAXI Driver picking his Nose what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg :whistling:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Could have been a TAXI Driver picking his Nose what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg :whistling:

OK, you got my there, I would have missed that I am sure. :hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whilst we gest, it is the City's Gents way of saying Yes, I saw that or heard it without out having to explain These Bowler hatted Brigade don't really communicate with each other as walking along the Street so revert to this short and sometimes meaningful retorts (Or not as the case may be)

You will often see them on trains each day for Years and Years sitting in their Seats (As if reserved) and don't know each others names or anything and will only talk as this post is suggesting. :89: Funny old world EH?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Was walking down the sidewalk behind a couple blokes

Steve me old mate, That's called a pavement here, we aint got sidewalks in the UK, Lol.

:mocking: 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have noticed it is quite often the characteristic of a bully to exhibit this behavior. Always ready to jump on and push others but if anyone comes back at them, it is back to 3rd grade and 'im gonna tell my mommy' then going off and hiding in the corner for a good cry. Good riddance, come back when your balls drop and your voice doesn't squeak anymore and you can act like an adult, I say.

*wayyy off topic* Just reminded me of the funniest conversation I heard in London 30 years ago. Was walking down the sidewalk behind a couple blokes heading in the same direction a few minutes when all of the sudden one said "I say, I say", the other looked at him and said "Quite so, Quite so", and that was it. Can anyone explain this conversation I have laughed about for 30 years?

And then resort to tirades on twitter.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 1