ECC new requirements

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I did my immigration in General Santos today, whilst there I read a new directive for ECC concerning all foreigners that have stayed here longer than 6 months on a 9a visa. Whereas before the clearance had to be applied for 72 hours before departure, now it has to be applied for 2 weeks or 10 working days before exit.

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, virginprune said:

I did my immigration in General Santos today, whilst there I read a new directive for ECC concerning all foreigners that have stayed here longer than 6 months on a 9a visa. Whereas before the clearance had to be applied for 72 hours before departure, now it has to be applied for 2 weeks or 10 working days before exit.

Sounds like immigration is getting Testy since they can't triple their income in overtime from the express lane fees. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
On 22/06/2017 at 4:06 PM, virginprune said:

I guess this means, in case of family emergency or a death back home, anyone on a 6 month or more 9a will be SOL to get home in time.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I like to think that for an emergency they will process more quickly but who knows?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I guess this means, in case of family emergency or a death back home, anyone on a 6 month or more 9a will be SOL to get home in time.

Yes.  I have seen that happen at BI in Cebu.  A while back now but zero sympathy when the young lady in line in front of me was crying her eyes out that her grandmother was dying and she had to get home immediately.  Nope.  Paperwork has to be done and it takes time and your're gonna miss your flight . .  Next!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  I have seen that happen at BI in Cebu.  A while back now but zero sympathy when the young lady in line in front of me was crying her eyes out that her grandmother was dying and she had to get home immediately.  Nope.  Paperwork has to be done and it takes time and your're gonna miss your flight . .  Next!

There is no compassion in this country,except when they get international aid.I don`t quite know what they think they are going to achieve by this action.The only people who are inconvenienced are there customers who can vote with their feet.If they are not careful tourists may stay away and that for them it will be  counter productive.Even though they are not being paid overtime it should still be possible to things done more quickly.I wonder how much they earn and how much it has cut it back their income.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Interesting you should say that.  I met an American couple recently (both man and wife are foreigners), and I asked him last night why he was selling everything and moving to Viet Nam.  And he said:  "We've been here, (Philippines), 10 years now and we have vacationed in other Asian countries and over time i have grown to love Viet Nam more and more and HATE Philippines more and more."  I asked him to elaborate on Viet Nam and he made it sound fantastic and he reckons he and his wife can live there as cheap as in Philippines and have more modern infrastructure.  He is not the first to say that.  He is the first of possible many who are actually voting with their feet.

Yes I`ve heard of a lot of people doing this.It`s sad really because with just a few tweeks this place could be so much better.I wonder how long before somebody notices a significant number(long term stayers) leave here.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

He is not the first to say that.

My cousin (who grew up on a cattle ranch) is a shrimp farmer now lol, and has lived in Viet Nam farming shrimp for years now. He we here and assisted a farm in Bohol for 30 days. He said that it is easier to get along here language wise, a lot more western comforts. But crime, street poverty, high level of ignoring laws and regulations here compared to VM (he said traffic is really about the same) guess it says something for martial law eh? :whistling:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

There is no compassion in this country,except when they get international aid.I don`t quite know what they think they are going to achieve by this action.The only people who are inconvenienced are there customers who can vote with their feet.If they are not careful tourists may stay away and that for them it will be  counter productive.Even though they are not being paid overtime it should still be possible to things done more quickly.I wonder how much they earn and how much it has cut it back their income.

Kevin, if what I have seen is correct, some of those BoI people who made about 15K a month normally were making 45 to 55K a month including overtime. How they could legally make that much working an extra 5-10 hours a week, I don't know. I think the government couldn't figure it out either so they demanded that the express lane fees be turned over to the government and the government would pay the overtime. That didn't seem to work so the express lane was shut down. I think the offices refused to turn in the express lane fees, but I don't know for certain.

• Like 2