ECC new requirements

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

I think the offices refused to turn in the express lane fees, but I don't know for certain.

OH! I reckon you count on that as a Definate, The fee was always on a different O/R so was never recorded in our Extensions or other payments

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,so a nice little earner gone out the window,no wonder they are not happy.When you think about it if 20 people go in the Dumaguete office each day and they all pay 500 over the week that is quite a bit to be shared between 5-6 workers. Ironic really as they are the first people who say those are the rules you have to follow rules. But they think they don`t apply to them.But I won`t be saying that in any BI office.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

that is quite a bit to be shared between 5-6 workers.

I would doubt very much that the boss shares it between the workers.  He has a pretty good lifestyle, whereas the girls working there are not so high.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would doubt very much that the boss shares it between the workers.  He has a pretty good lifestyle, whereas the girls working there are not so high.

MMM I would have thought the boss would as then all are involved and can say nothing.But stranger things have happened.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I would have thought the boss would

As I see it, the way corruption works here, the guy at the top gets the lions share and its a "trickle down" effect from there.  So the girls and the quard likely get an extra (guessing 500) a day from the express fees. So that accounts for up to half a dozen foreigners going in there and paying express fees (or late fees, that's another cash cow for the man in the back room).  But the guy in the back is making foreigner type wages, or he was when the late fees were being paid.  One wonders how soon he will retire now his cash cow cannot be milked.

This is, of course, just my own idle musings based on idle gossip and my own observations when in that office.  No reason to think my opinion is any more valid than anyone else' guess.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

If they are not careful tourists may stay away and that for them it will be  counter productive.

It is happening. We have talked about this before in comparing the tourists that go to other Asian countries compared to the PI. A few years ago, PI had forecast up to 10 million but in actuality, it dropped last year (still around 4 million and we are not sure if that is OFWs and others) and just wait until next year's numbers come out after the recent turmoils. Some do not learn from their mistakes. Both the current mayor and the former mayor of Bacolod are charged with corruption.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, jpbago said:

It is happening. We have talked about this before in comparing the tourists that go to other Asian countries compared to the PI. A few years ago, PI had forecast up to 10 million but in actuality, it dropped last year (still around 4 million and we are not sure if that is OFWs and others) and just wait until next year's numbers come out after the recent turmoils. Some do not learn from their mistakes. Both the current mayor and the former mayor of Bacolod are charged with corruption.

This waiting for an exit clearance is another thing to put a nail in the coffin of tourism here.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

This waiting for an exit clearance is another thing to put a nail in the coffin of tourism here.

Having to return to BI to pick up your passport after a regular extension is also a pain. I briefly thought about just leaving it there until the next extension (to play into their game) but I like to keep my passport close in hand. The BI in Bacolod is not a secure place, just a small house down a laneway with a pile of passports from different countries.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Tourists don't need an ECC. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Tourists don't need an ECC. 

After being here over six months here they Do Gary & many are and many more stay the full 3 years allowed

• Like 4